Hotspot authentication failed
Kw89
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've read a few posts on here already about the hotspot not working and saying authentication failed. I've done some troubleshooting already with their support line. It seems to be across phones and not isolated to Google phones. I never had any issue before.... What's going on with this? Anyone have solutions or are we still waiting on Verizon to resolve this? 

Labels (1)
Re: Hotspot authentication failed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Kw89. We are very sorry to hear about the hotspot authentication issue that you are experiencing. We appreciate the steps you have completed so far to attempt to get this resolved. We will be more than happy to go through some additional steps to ensure that we find the root cause of this issue. How long have you been experiencing this hotspot issue? What is the make and model of the device that you are attempting to use hotspot with? Do you recall making any changes to your device or plan prior to this issue happening? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you please confirm which plan do you have associated with the line in question? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kw89
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't remember my exact plan details, but when working with VZW support they confirmed it included hotspot. 

0 Likes
Philnomad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Kw89 did you ever get this issue resolved? I've been unable to use the mobile hotspot feature since July & Verizon support has been useless.

0 Likes