Google Pixel XL 128 GB Ship Date Now March 10 - 4 months wait
mh53jfe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered the Pixel XL 128 GB on 11/25. Yesterday, I received an email from Verizon that said the earliest ship date is now March 10! Are you kidding me!! This means from the date I ordered until the earliest date I will receive the phone will be almost 4 months. Why is their silence from Verizon and Google? How could Google's supply chain management be so incompetent to allow customers to order the phone when the wait is 4 months! I can't believe I am saying this, but I am close to cancelling the order and buying an iPhone 7.

Verizon, what say you? Why can't you communicate with your customers and let us know what the problem is and what you (and Google) are doing to fix it?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google Pixel XL 128 GB Ship Date Now March 10 - 4 months wait
Syrinx
Enthusiast - Level 3

To my point, if new orders are 3/3/17 then folks who ordered 5 weeks ago, back in November should be receiving their phones, providing that Google is making them available. I really find it hard to believe that Verizon is to blame. I put all of the supply issues on Google's back.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ANDYGIES1131
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ordered a XL 128 GB on 11/26. Original ship date 1/6/17. Got a e-mail on 1/6/17 saying "sorry, new date is 3/3/17". Called Customer Service and was not offered a solution. Asked to be sent to their Customer Retention (seriously considering canceling service and switching) and was told that Verizon closed this department recently and there is no one to help now.

No phone

No help

No Customer Retention Dept

No longer a customer of Verizon.

I understand the issues with distribution on a new product, but Verizon's lack of service is what did me in.

Good luck all with your future service!

0 Likes
das3k
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same situation except I ordered mine on 11/24.  The best thing customer service could come up with is "our hands are tied."  By the time we actually get the phone the new Pixel will be within months of being announced.  I have no confidence the March date will hold either.  My email says 03/03/2016 and the date, in one day, has changed to 03/10/2016.  I'm not a customer of google, I'm a customer of Verizon.  I understand Verizon can't do anything about the Pixel, but they did business with Google and need to take it up with them while they try their best to make it up to the customers instead of doing nothing.  I'll give a little more time then I'll just have to go get a promotion from a new provider. 

EMICENTURY
Enthusiast - Level 2

Glad I'm not the only one who is disappointed.

Bad business practices Verizon. A large carrier such as Verizon. You must have received notification from Google (or supplier) that the shipment will be delayed. You waited until the Christmas season is over, comes January, you notify customers that have ordered since back in November the device will ship in March?

By January, most other carrier deal is over (for most other handset as well). If I had know back in December, I would have gotten another handset.

Now your loyal customer stuck waiting for another two months. Verizon, you went from being the best to the worst.....

mh53jfe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. Verizon and Google absolutely knew the first week of December they didn't/wouldn't have the supply for the number of orders received. I have always had a lot of respect for Google, but no more.

0 Likes
EMICENTURY
Enthusiast - Level 2

btw, just searching for phones o I'm online, might as well reply, I was told by a friend, Google had communicated the info Verizon early in mid-December . Verizon just sat on it and change the shipping date for on their website to reflect Feb. In my opinion, Verizon should notify customers who placed order in November that orders originally planned to be shipped in Jan of the delay. Verizon either failed to do that or chose not to do that. Many of the Black Friday Sales would be cancelled if customers learn they won't get their phone until 3 months later.

What a despicable company as a whole, bad Sales tactic, ruined my years of being a loyal customers. Verizon is losing customers to T-Mobile and Sprint at a fast pace, as those two carriers rebuilt their networks from the ground up for metro area. If you mostly use your phone in metro. I strongly suggest you to switch ASAP.

Gerudas
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ordered on the 26th of November and have been waiting patiently.  I finally got a hold of Verizon on chat because I waited on hold for over 40 mins 5 times this weekend due to bad weather and still did not get any help. The gentleman told me March as well. I feel Google and Verizon needs to do something about this. Especially for everyone waiting. Throwing in a vr, a case, or something.

millerman61
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ordered on 11/26 and have also been waiting patiently.  When I got hold of Verizon on chat to ask about my expected ship date of 1/6 and if it was going to ship that day, I was told that it had already shipped and I should have been receiving it on 1/6 even though I hadn't received a confirmation that it had shipped.  It seems the Chat CS representatives are either incompetent or are lying on purpose.  I received an email late on 1/6 changing my expected date to 3/10.

0 Likes
Buckeye_45
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ordered 2 128GB XL on November 25 and am in the same boat as everybody else, I even had a cs rep tell me after I got my email that it was still shipping on the 6th. Chatted with a rep on the 7th and was able to get a $100 credit out of them for this mess. They started at 20 and worked their way up to 50, I said I'll take the 50 for both January and February since your asking me to wait 2 extra months. They then said we can't do that but we can give you $100 now. WTF is the difference? Total incompetence by Verizon. I encourage everyone to demand the same $100. If they refuse, contact me and I'll give you the supervisors info. I also spoke to Google about Verizon throwing them under the bus for the whole thing and they asked for all my info, including the screen shots of my chat, they said Verizon should never have given those shipping dates to begin with. The Google rep escalated the issue and will be getting back to me about the real shipping issues.

Syrinx
Enthusiast - Level 3

On another thread similar in nature, folks who ordered on Black Friday, like myself are reporting having received the same email for March and as of this week, preorder numbers converted to order numbers and they received tracking numbers. These are folks who ordered on 11/24 and 11/25. I ordered mine on 11/26 and as of last night (1/10) my order was still pre. This morning it was converted to an order number. I'm optimistic that I will be receiving a tracking number later today.  The March email through everyone into a tailspin. Hang in there.

0 Likes