Re: Google Pixel Black Friday Deal Not Being Honored!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please don't post your transcript on the forum. It end up being removed because of the Terms of Service for the community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CMucci83, I'm saddened to hear that you've not received bill credits to your account as the result of purchasing a Pixel Smartphone on Black Friday. I'm also very disappointed to hear that you've contacted our Chat Team multiple times and the issue has not been resolved. As a valued Verizon customer we'd certainly like an opportunity to help in resolving this matter for you

Please follow us and DM (Direct Message) with us on Twitter @VZWSupport. Please don't provide your account information here in a public post. We'll look forward to hearing from you. How does this sound?

RobertC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
spimpernel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem.  Have called every month.  Still not resolved.  I'm just sick over it.

0 Likes
jpetrosky
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is so frustrating. Verizon is willing to take on a lawsuit for this

botched mess.

mdl95010

I have the same issue.  Supposed to get a $15/mo promotion for purchasing the Pixel XL 128 on 11-25-16. Have called in multiple times, as the promised credit I was supposed to get within 60 days has never materialized. Instead, I've been overcharged $36.24 per month since the phone arrived in January 2017. Verizon is a fraudulent company, pure and simple. I've been on hold again for 45 minutes so far today, trying to get this resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mdl95010,

I regret to learn of any and all issues with your trade in and the credit to offset the device. Have you already sent the previous device back to us? If so, have you received any emails about your Trade In? I see that you posted two days ago and mentioned that you were on the line to get this taken care of. Did everything get addressed on that call? Please share some details for me. 

Thank you, 

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mdl95010

Still not resolved.  Did receive a partial credit confirmed in an email from Verizon on 5/22/2018.  This $289.92 credit was to make up for the many months of overbilling related to the Black Friday sale that was promised on 11-25-16, but had never been honored up through May 2018.  The email also confirmed that in addition to the credit, my monthly equipment charges would go from $36.24 to "Zero".  In June and July, the equipment charges started showing up again at $36.24, so I called in again and an additional credit of $72.48 for the extra two months of overbilling was confirmed via email from Verizon.    When I received my August bill on July 31, the credit for $72.48 showed up, but was paired with a new charge for "early termination" of $217.44

This situation is not now and never was an "early termination buyout".  It is deceptive billing and fraudulent sales promotions by Verizon.

Verizon should do the right thing---remove the $217.44 fake charge which appeared yesterday, and honor the credit which was promised in writing on May 22nd of $289.92, with all equipment charges going to "ZERO"

Yesterday I spent 52 minutes and 36 seconds on hold with Verizon while they "investigated" and never bothered to return to the call.

Today I was on hold with a supervisor  for 82 minutes and 59 seconds, who finally reappeared 80 minutes into the call and used twisted logic and fuzzy math to say "tough luck" we are not going to honor the credit promised in writing on May 22 by Verizon Customer Service.

I called back in again this morning to 800-922-0204, and was referred to my "Business Account Manager", [removed] at Verizon.  When I called , she indicated that Verizon Customer Service was incorrectly giving out her name and number for customers who are not in her sales territory.  She said it is happening "all the time" because Verizon Wireless Customer Service is referring calls to her at her location in Modesto, CA from Verizon clients who are located all over the country.

Bottom line:  if you are a Verizon Customer, do not ever buy anything from a Verizon Promotion or Sale--they will not honor it and will lie, obuscate and use every trick in their book to charge full retail price long after the "sale" is advertised.

This is the most dishonest company I've ever dealt with as a small business owner. It is particularly appalling since I have been a customer with Verizon Wireless for nearly 20 years.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
mdl95010

PS---there was never a trade-in as part of the Black Friday sale purchase that I made.  That is another element of pure fiction by Verizon as it relates to the 2016 Black Friday promotion for Googe Pixel  phones.  The 'sale' was so successful that shipment of the phones was delayed for 60 to 90 days because Verizon could not keep up with demand.  Nice gig, Verizon, with the bait and switch pricing strategy.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mdl95010,

Oh my! Your time is definitely valuable & I'm very sorry that so many obstacles have been going on with trying to obtain a device promotion. This is definitely not what we want to hear. Allow me to help get this straightened out once & for all. I have sent you a Private Message so that I can gather much-needed information to assist you further. Please respond to me in the Private Message to continue. Thank you!

Alicia_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
itsmepete

i purchased a pixel 2 two years ago.  I was to receive a $300.00 credit per the promotion going on at the time.  I paid an early upgrade fee in order to get the promo.  Was told to wait 2 billing cycles before I would see credit.  I called in the 3rd billing cycle as I did not see any monthly credits.  Was told I would not get the credit until plan payment was made in full.   Just made my last 24th payment and phone is now paid off.   now they're telling me that I do not qualify.  I call garbage  

0 Likes