Google Pixel Black Friday Deal Not Being Honored!
ASHKEL16
Enthusiast - Level 2

Somebody please help! On Black Friday Verizon had a promotion on the Google Pixel XL that was $20 for the 32gb and $25 for the 128gb. Credits were supposed to show on the bill after 3-4 billing cycles and no trade was required. It has been 6 months and still no credits are being applied to my account. I have been trying to get this resolved since April. Every month I was told that the situation was resolved and I would see credits on my next bill. Then I would get my next bill and there would be no credits. When I called, I was told that the previous rep had put in the wrong promo code and that next month I would see the credits. STILL HAS NOT HAPPENED. Now they are saying I am a liar and no such promotion ever existed. They are very rude to me when I call. I can't even believe how terrible the customer service is. I know I can't be the only one who used or saw this promotion. Has anybody been able to get their credits?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Google Pixel Black Friday Deal Not Being Honored!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you reviewed the other threads about this topic? I posted the promotion code for the Pixel 128 GB model that I did get the billing credits for it. That code should help the rep find the right one for the Pixel XL models.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ASHKEL16
Enthusiast - Level 2

My problem is that they are trying to say the promotion only included the 128gb which is not true.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The code I gave might have been only for the Pixel 128 GB ($15) model, but it should have helped them to find the other promotion codes that were used for the Pixel 32 GB ($10), Pixel XL 32 GB ($20), and the Pixel XL 128 GB ($25). The promotion did exist. I was seriously considering getting the larger Pixel XL 128 GB, but I decided the smaller one would fit me better.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ASHKEL16,

Making sure you are receiving the promotion that you qualify for is essential. Please allow us to further review the details. I have sent you a private message. Please respond to that private message. Thank you.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ASHKEL16
Enthusiast - Level 2

After six months I have finally gotten a resolution to this!! As we all know, the Black Friday promotion included a deal where the Google Pixel XL 128 gb was $25 and the Google Pixel XL 32gb was $20 after credits that where supposed to appear on the bill after 3-4 billing cycles. For whatever reason, Verizon is denying this promotion ever existed (even though I sent them photographic evidence of the promotion on their website and my order) and refusing to give customers the credits. I called in when I got my April bill and was still not seeing credits. I went back and forth with several different reps who assured me time and time again that the issue was fixed only to get my next bill and have it not be. I was called a liar and told I was making this promotion up just to try and get a lower bill. I spoke with reps and supervisors who promised to look into the issue and call me back and then never did. I can't believe the headache this has been and the hours of my life I have wasted trying to get this company to honor their own promotion.

Anyway, finally I spoke with a nice rep named Gretchen. She looked on Google and saw all the people talking about this promotion and I directed her to this post which listed some different promotion codes that might help her find what I was talking about. She never found the specific promotion but she found me an even better one. The code is SPO894. It is a Christmas deal that Verizon ran two weeks after Black Friday. This premium smartphone promotion includes the Pixel XL 32gb for only $15 instead of $20. So instead of $12 in credits I'm getting $17 a month. Verizon has a policy that states that if you buy a phone and within two weeks, a better promotion comes out on that phone, you can ask Verizon to change you to the better promotion. I bought my phone on black friday but it was back ordered so I actually received/activated it on December 12. One December 15 this new promotion started. I was within this two week time frame so the rep submitted the paperwork for me to switch to this other promotion.

In the end, Verizon still didn't acknowledge the existence of the original promotion but I did end up with credits on my account. I just got the email today which shows over $100 will be credited on my next bill for the past months when they should have been on there and weren't. I wish this would have just been done in April the first time I called. Clearly, Verizon reps need better training!!!

Yes, the situation did get resolved but after being a Verizon customer for several years, I will never buy another phone from this company. I will wait until my device is paid off and I will be gone. I do not trust a company that participates in false advertising and do not have faith that they will honor any promotions associated with any other phone I buy.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The SPO894 is the same code I posted elsewhere in the community. Re: Black Friday Pixel XL

0 Likes
jpetrosky
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok so I used @VZWSupport  on Twitter and I got a rapid response. I provided the promo codes from the previous post. Initially, I was told the only promotions that were available on my date of purchase was $200 off on a new line of service and $100 off on a line upgrade, and I would receive around $4.00 off per month ($100 divided by 24 months). I informed them that this is not right and I provided the following promo codes. I was told that a support ticket was placed and should see the credit reflected on my next statement (will be my June statement).

Stay tuned...

The promotion code I provided to them is the same as from the prior posting --> --> Pixel 128 GB from the Black Friday sale is Promotion #204125.  Another code associated with it was SPO894. 

CMucci83

I purchased a Pixel on black friday and have yet to see the bill credits. I have chatted with support three times and each time they say that they are on my account and should show for the next bill cycle. This has been going on for three bill cycles since I originally contacted support!

0 Likes
jpetrosky
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I contacted vzw support on Twitter I had a reasonably easy time. It

did take several hours of back and forth but there is now a transcript for

everyone to follow. If you need a copy if it I would be happy to provide it.

0 Likes