FEMA app not working on Pixel 2
CrustyTommy

On my previous phone, I used the US Government FEMA alert app and had notifications every day (I am near a location that has frequent high tide floods). Since switching the the Pixel 2, I have reloaded the FEMA app, but have still never seen an alert. I do receive "heavy rain near your location", and "lightning nearby" alerts. In hurricane season this app is important.

(Note: this app was transferred from my old phone to the new one as part of the VZW migration process. I have since uninstalled the FEMA app but using the Play Store to reinstall, the app never downloads a fresh copy. Is there a way to force a new download?)

Tom

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: FEMA app not working on Pixel 2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CrustyTommy,

Keeping track of the tide is a big deal in many areas and we want to make sure your phone can help you to do so. That sounds like a crucial app. A fresh install is an excellent idea but being unable to get it to download again is concerning. What happens when you try to install that now? Is it the same over both mobile data and wi-fi? What happens if you try to install other apps?

Andrew_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CrustyTommy

Thanks Andrew. Old or damaged download may have been a red herring. Today, the playstore did download a fresh copy and installed it.  The new install had several "no internet" warnings (even though the phone is working fine for calls, email, browsing, etc), but I went into app permissions and turned on Location and Storage, which it did not ask me about (FEMA was not listed in any of the other permission categories). When I went back to the app, the no-internet warnings were cleared.

Waiting a few hours for an alert to be updated, but for now, no evidence of it working.

0 Likes
CrustyTommy

Nope. No activity = not working.

I've added several other apps on the new phone with no issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all of your efforts CrustyTommy and definitely want to do what we can to keep working towards a solution. Have you been able to confirm that there should be activity within the app? Have you reached out to the app developer to confirm it is compatible with your device? Based on what you are describing, it appears that everything with your phone is working the way it should so the issue seems to be isolated to this specific app and not the device itself. 

Rashad_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes