Carrier Setup notification
rhaslitt
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Google Pixel just started giving me a Notification called Carrier Setup

The message is

Get Verizon service

You don't have a Verizon Wireless plan

I logged into my Verizon account and it states my plan is active. My next billing cycle is not for another 30 days. I cannot open the notification or remove it. My Phone works fine for both Data and Voice and i and showing it works fine on LTE. I have a valid Verizon plan. Not sure what this is.

Labels (2)
Re: Carrier Setup notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention, rhaslitt. 

Have you been able to remove the notification since you posted this message? 

Do you recall if any changes were recently made to the device  before this message started? Just to be clear, are you traveling abroad or are you still in the USA? 

Tamara_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rhaslitt, we want to ensure you can remove that notification pop-up as needed. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. You may be seeing that message if you have an unlocked Google Pixel device. It may also appear if you recently performed a software update or factory data reset. To stop the notification, simply press and hold it down when expanding your notifications list. You should be presented with the option to block it. I hope this information helps.  

Ebony_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
teddybouch
I just tried this and it says that these notifications can't be blocked. I do have an unlocked Pixel, but didn't reset recently and the most recent software update was at least a week ago. I did run out of data yesterday, but my plan renewed at the end of the day.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

teddybouch, being on top of your Google Pixel notifications is crucial, especially to avoid any confusion or annoying alerts, we want to aid you in the best way possible. Please tell us more, what exactly does your notification say? When did you start receiving them? Aside from the software update, any recent changes?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
teddybouch

Actually, the notification went away all on its own.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

teddybouch, I am happy to hear this has resolved itself. We are always available for support and happy to assist if anything arises. 

CheyenneS_VZW

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lisi1,

Keeping you connected is always a priority. We want to make sure you can count on your phone. We're always glad to help with any errors. What happens when you try to use your phone after you get this message? When did this first start? 

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
cledwards42
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just curious, how quick did this go away?

Tags (1)