Carrier Setup - Data usage limited
KMS2007
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Google Pixel XL, and over the past couple of days, my data keeps getting restricted randomly. The notification is "Carrier Setup" with a heading of "Data usage limited" and a message of "Due to time of day or a data limit." Screenshot below. I have PLENTY of data left in my cycle (i.e., more than 35% remaining), so I'm confused as to why this keeps happening. I'm not sure if this is service issue, a Google Pixel issue, or an Android issue, but it's not happening to any other phone on my account. When I had a chat session with a Verizon Customer Service rep yesterday, they said it was a system glitch. If it's a system glitch, it shouldn't keep happening... Does anyone know what might be going on here? Is it possible it's a Google Pixel issue? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Kate

screenshot.JPG

Labels (2)
Re: Carrier Setup - Data usage limited
jav6
Champion - Level 3

It might help to identify the zip code/area where you are experiencing this issue.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
KMS2007
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Joe - thanks for checking out my post. Smiley Happy I didn't think to mention the location, since it's been happening in locations where I've never had data issues previously. However, just for clarity, it happened in Old Saybrook and New Haven, CT, and in NYC, in areas where there's never been an issue previously. It's only been over the past couple of days. I hope this helps!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KMS2007, we want to get to the bottom of this error message issue.  A private message has been sent to you so we can assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KMS2007, I depend on my data service to work right. Let's get this figured out. Are you network restrictions turned on? Go to Settings> Network & Internet> Data Usage> Network Restrictions.

AlbertoR_VZW 

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KMS2007
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi - no, I have no network restrictions set. ☹️

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KMS2007, we want everything to work for you the way that it should be on your phone. We have sent you a Private Message, because we need to get more details from you to assist. Please respond to that message going forward. 

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ed196011
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm currently having the same issue with my S10  Been on the phone and chat with tech support for 3 days.  sent me a new phone and same message pops up.  on with tech support again so far 1 1/2 hrs

Thays333
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just had this issue happen today! After a 3 a.m. free Verizon Wireless text message... Stating that data transport is disconnected because the monthly allowance has been reached. 40% data left in my billing cycle! My Verizon app chat was a joke..., on the phone with tech support for over an hour. Reset network connections checked for data usage controls that. Nothing. Has anyone else actually had this problem resolved?

0 Likes
agent719
Enthusiast - Level 1

The fix:

Go to My Verizon

Go to data and then "manage usage alerts"

Click link "visit the verizon smart family dashboard"

Select your device and go to limits and controls.

Select limit data and make sure check box "no limit" is selected.

Boom fixed.