Cannot set up voicemail.
jkrief57

I have not been abe to access my voicemail for an extended period of time. When I miss calls, people hear that the number they have called has not set up their mailbox. When I call my voicemail, by dialing my number or *86, I hear "Welcome to the message mannagement system, please enter your mailbox number"

Entering my phone number yeilds, "###########. This is not a valid mailbox number, please try again"

Trying to reset my voicemail password online or through the MyVerizon app gets me "Our system is temporarily unavailable.Please check back in a few minutes"

I have spent several hours on the phone with their service people and got nowhere, each of them attempting to do the same thing by "reseting my voicemail." One rep even claimed i may not have access to this feature (the feature being basic voicemail). I have a standard unlimited plan and am tired of getting second rate service and support on an issue that should not be there is the first place.

Does anyone have any advice on next steps? other than taking my phone contract elsewhere and finding better customer service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot set up voicemail.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked your line's features online to see if you have the basic non-visual voicemail or a visual voicemail associated with your line?

With the Pixel phones, you need to have the basic non-visual voicemail feature to access the basic voicemail or the visual voicemail option within the phone's dialer application. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot set up voicemail.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it is crucial to be able to get your voicemails, Jkrief57. I know we can't answer our phones all the time and we want our contacts the capabilities of leaving a voicemail. I am sure I can help. I have sent you a private message so we can further investigate this. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes