Re: Can't send texts (but only to one person)! Others work!
eglayog

Not sure if you received a fix besides the factory reset option, but I added myself to the text in addition to the recipient that was getting denied and it worked. After doing this, I did not have to add myself to the text messages to the suspect recipient again.

0 Likes
appalachiresults13

I removed the 1 and it worked!  Awesome thought. Thanks!!!

0 Likes
Stander

Same problem!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, Stander. It's important to text to everyone, so I understand your concern when you can't text to one person. I'm here to help. What was the last change made to your phone before this began? Do you have the most recent version of the messaging app?

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
Alice27
Enthusiast - Level 1

Adding the 1 worked! Thank you for the suggestion!

0 Likes
JohnMac1

We were having the same problem. Adding 1 before the individual's phone number worked for me too. Wierd!

0 Likes
vfrazier14

Why would it be on a messaging app? That's not the problem, we're trying to send a text message to someone using the way the phone allows us to send a text not a social media direct message or off of an app. We are trying to use the text messaging app the phone provides to get the information, but for whatever reason it is not allowing only ONE PERSON to receive my messages. Read the whole problem rather than asking questions that have nothing to do with the initial problem. Its not an app it's the network that won't allow a singular person to receive my text message. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My apologies for the confusion. Which text messaging app do you use? For instance, do you use the native app, i Message, or Message+? Having this information will help us identify what is causing the issue. There are instances where the issue is app related,even for sending a text to one party. Does this help clarify?

When you send a message to this party, does it show up as sent on your end?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
jennthompson107
Enthusiast - Level 1

Amazing that this worked! Thank you

0 Likes
LeeDCornell1

I found this buried in the discussion, and it worked. Add the "+1 " to the beginning of the phone number that is not working.

0 Likes