Can't retrieve Dec Android 11 update. Why? Google says it's out there for download.hy? Google
niren48

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't retrieve Dec Android 11 update. Why? Google says it's out there for download.hy? Google
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

Which Pixel do you have? A few sources have reported that the December update is delayed again (like last month) for the Pixel 5 and 4a5G. It's supposed to be released next week for those two models.

0 Likes
Re: Can't retrieve Dec Android 11 update. Why? Google says it's out there for download.hy? Google
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am the same way waiting for software update, Scott5337. I would love to help. Can you tell me what phone you have? What is going on with your phone? Please tell me more. -Amber

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

I am the same way waiting for software update, Scott5337. I would love to help. Can you tell me what phone you have? What is going on with your phone? Please tell me more. -Amber

I have no issue and do not require assistance. I have a Pixel 4XL and received the December security update the day is was released. I was only pointing out to the original poster that the Google security update page clearly states that the December security update will not be released until December 14th for the Verizon Pixel 5, Verizon Pixel 4a5G and Verizon Pixel 3XL. 

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/87385737?hl=en

All supported Pixel devices running Android 11 will receive these software updates as part of the December 2020 update, which begins rolling out to users today. 

• Verizon:
    • Pixel 3 (XL): [Update: Rolling out week of 12/14]
    • Pixel 4a (5G): [Update: Rolling out week of 12/14]
    • Pixel 5: [Update: Rolling out week of 12/14]
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Scott5337, we definitely want to help make sure that you can get the help needed for the update on your device. If you go into the settings for your device, do you see an update available? JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon Support: Are you not reading my posts?

I do NOT have an issue and I do NOT require assistance. My Pixel 4 XL received the December update the day it was released.

I am only trying to help the Original Posted understand why the December update is delayed for some phones.

tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

So Is the OP wanting the Android 11 version update??? Going from Android 10 to Android 11. Or the monthly system update for Android 11?? That is the real question.

Are we "upgrading" the operating system version? Or "updating" the current operating system.

What is a fickle witch? Customer service that. 

0 Likes