Bought a Pixel 4 through Verizon with no extended warranty. I broke it, so what now?
BILLYVANN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently signed a $950 contract for a Google Pixel 4 and did not choose to get the extended warranty. Now, I am in a trap and still owe $700 for a broken Pixel 4 that is now being offered for BOGO (buy one get one) at Verizon shortly after I signed a contract. I also found out that if I bought my phone directly through Google, they would have helped me get a new phone or at least fixed through their 1 year limited warranty. Verizon gave me a 2 week warranty after my purchase. The sales rep at Verizon helped me get hooked on a contract so well, but after I signed the $950 contract, they want nothing to do with me unless I have an interest of buying another phone. 

I want Verizon to give me the option of applying their latest promotion by adding another line to my account and providing me with a free Pixel 4. I don't really care about the extra $150 gift card also being offered with this promotion. I will end my relationship with Verizon if I don't receive the same loyalty and understanding in return.  

Verizon... please give me a new Pixel 4 or at the bare minimum, give me the option of adding another line to my account with a free google pixel 4. It is not fair you are only offering this promotion to new customers. I made a mistake and broke my pixel 4 and would be grateful receiving a free one because I still owe $700 on the phone that is now being offered for buy one get one. I will end my relationship with Verizon if I don't receive the same loyalty and understanding in return. I may have to file a small claims case in court if I don't receive help. Verizon, Stop taking your oldest customers for granted and help them!   

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bought a Pixel 4 through Verizon with no extended warranty. I broke it, so what now?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BILLYVANN, as a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too, and we're sorry to hear that your Google Pixel 4 is broken. We've also noted your reference to having "Recently" signing a $950 contract (e.g., Device Payment Program Agreement)for the Google Pixel 4 and that you didn't add the extended warranty feature to your device. Please keep in mind that the Extended Warranty option provides convenient coverage against mechanical or electrical defects AFTER the device manufacturer’s one-year warranty expires. It doesn't cover physical damage or water damage (Or reported lost/stolen). In cases like this, subscribing to a monthly wireless insurance plan helps replace your device.  Have you added a monthly wireless insurance plan to your device through Asurion? (e.g. Total Mobile Protection, etc.) This is a great way to protect your device investment. For future reference, you can review information about Asurion's wireless insurance options at http://spr.ly/66001xc02. We'd undoubtedly regret losing you as our customer, and we'd like to continue being your wireless service provider for many more years to come. We can discuss device replacement options with you. Is this something you’re interested in considering?    RobertC_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Bought a Pixel 4 through Verizon with no extended warranty. I broke it, so what now?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BILLYVANN, as a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too, and we're sorry to hear that your Google Pixel 4 is broken. We've also noted your reference to having "Recently" signing a $950 contract (e.g., Device Payment Program Agreement)for the Google Pixel 4 and that you didn't add the extended warranty feature to your device. Please keep in mind that the Extended Warranty option provides convenient coverage against mechanical or electrical defects AFTER the device manufacturer’s one-year warranty expires. It doesn't cover physical damage or water damage (Or reported lost/stolen). In cases like this, subscribing to a monthly wireless insurance plan helps replace your device.  Have you added a monthly wireless insurance plan to your device through Asurion? (e.g. Total Mobile Protection, etc.) This is a great way to protect your device investment. For future reference, you can review information about Asurion's wireless insurance options at http://spr.ly/66001xc02. We'd undoubtedly regret losing you as our customer, and we'd like to continue being your wireless service provider for many more years to come. We can discuss device replacement options with you. Is this something you’re interested in considering?    RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
BILLYVANN
Enthusiast - Level 2

After being treated with absolute zero help or respect from sales reps and customer service over the past 2 months regarding this inquiry, I am very skeptical with considering a device replacement though Verizon. I will absolutely not purchase another Pixel 4 again at full price, and strongly do not recommend anyone else to do so through Verizon. It makes no sense to purchase this phone though Verizon because Google will still help their customers through the first year after purchase if their phones are purchased directly through them. If Verizon will help me apply the promotion currently being offered to my existing account that I specifically mentioned above, I will reconsider staying with Verizon. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can absolutely understand your concern here. Our expectations out line that we should interact with respect and care. I want to take a look into options for the device/promotion. I'll be sending you a private message shortly.  AustinL_VZW

0 Likes