Basic Visual Voicemail Disappeared
DOUGEANDER
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had my Google Pixel for months now and have always had access to basic visual voice mail, allowing me to skip all the nonsense of the voice mail recording reading phone numbers and times s-l-o-w-l-y and just hit play or delete. A few weeks ago, I was checking my voicemail and a prompt came up asking me to sign up for visual voice mail. Assuming this was a tactic to get me to sign up for enhanced visual voice mail, I declined.

Almost immediately, my visual voicemail disappeared and the voice mail stopped playing. Next thing I know, I no longer have access to basic visual voice mail. I have soft restarted, looked at permissions and done everything short of wiping the phone (which I will not do). The service is listed as enabled in my preferences, but it feels like it simply isn't. What the heck happened?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Basic Visual Voicemail Disappeared
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The visual voicemail is incorporated into the phone dialer application on the Pixel phones. Was that what you were using before?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The visual voicemail is incorporated into the phone dialer application on the Pixel phones. Was that what you were using before?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

DOUGEANDER
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is what I was using, yes.

0 Likes
DOUGEANDER
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I just fixed it. I found the setting in the phone dialer, which somehow got disabled.

Thanks!

pamstahl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem - can you tell me how you fixed it?  because online in our account it says we have it still, but we don't

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to actually set your line up with the basic non-visual voicemail feature in order to have access to the visual voicemail feature incorporated into the phone dialer application of the Pixel phones.

Screenshot_20200602-192948.png

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! What issues are you running into?

0 Likes