Re: 15GB Prepaid Plan - Data issue for past 6 months and now no Data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to do all we can to help, and I am sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your data connection. The best way to tackle this issue is the route you have already gone which is to have a ticket submitted by out tech team to take a closer look at the data connection to find a new solution. You can definitely reach out by phone at 1-800-922-0204 if you prefer assistance by phone. Another option would be to reach out to us by chat, Messaging us, or even reaching out to us through Facebook, or Twitter for a faster response than the forums. We look forward to hearing from yo to help you finally get this resolved once, and for all, so you can get back to enjoying your device. 

AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes
marbochengye
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update: Having already filed two tickets to tech support I am reached out by Verizon support again to file another ticket for tech support that goes nowhere.

After having data being consumed out of nowhere for the past 6 months and 1 month without data I am also 100% sure the issue is with the account. I am willing to create a new account (new number) as suggested by a store manager as long as I maintain my discount benefits for using Verizon overs 2 years. Otherwise, my last resort would be to changing the carrier.

Please reach out to me if you can help me set up a new account with the same benefits discount I currently have for using Verizon for over 2 years.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure this is properly resolved, we can definitely review the details on your current account and see the options of opening a new account. We are sending you a private message to further assist  you.

0 Likes
marbochengye
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have already authenticated my account

0 Likes
marbochengye
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have reached limit of sending private message so I am replying in this forum to Verizon agent Hannah who reached out. 

Hi Hannah,  I have already cleared browsing history and authenticated again.

If you can't find my account, the Verizon agent that was helping me yesterday must have reset or deleted my account because after adding fund to account and updating my account I lost access to it. I had to re-register my account to be able to have access to it. Here is the chat for your record. Her name was Margaret.

Conversation with Verizon Agent Margaret:

Hey, I hope you are having an amazing Thursday and thank you for contacting Verizon Prepaid, my name is Margaret and I will be assisting you today. Hi Margaret, can you help me file a tech support ticket please  Verizon AgentI am here to help. Can you tell me what the issue is please? I'd like to read about it. Long story short, I have been having data issue for the past 6 months, I was told to switch plan and now I do not have data even after getting a new SIM this is my 3 support ticket and no solution has been provided for my data issue4th support ticket  Verizon AgentThank you for sharing the details, I greatly appreciate them. I'm sure we can work something with you. May I please have your phone number?  5. I was told it was has to do with coverage in my area. I do not have coverage at home or in the city. 6. Someone at home under same prepaid plan has signal, but I have no data and on my Android is says I dont have Verizon Wireless Plan or ran out of data. I can call and text without any problem  I have filled 4 tech support ticket and 1 of them said my data was being consumed 900+ miles away from registered location and the other two said that the registered location has poor signal,but the problem is not poor signal but no data One of the store manager said this is most likely a system issue associated with my account so she recommended to get a new account instead  Verizon AgentI can see that you have tried multiple steps while trying to fix this issue and we truly appreciate it. We see you as a valued customer and we hope to make this right by you. I will do my best to help you with this situation in the best way I can and make your Verizon experience better than what it has been because we mainly focus on our customer satisfaction.  yes, it has already been a month without data which I hope I get refunded or credit back because I am not getting any data or enough support from Verizon to solve this data issue I have written my issue on Verizon forum, https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Google-Pixel/15GB-Prepaid-Plan-Data-issue-for-past-6-months...   Verizon AgentI'd like to take a look into the account please. May I have the security code? Please use this format 55-55 this way the numbers won't get masked by the security system. this has the details of everything that I have done to try solve this data issue and the progress on these tech support ticket  Verizon AgentI am also reading all the details, so please do not leave anything out because they are very important.  I have included all details are in the forum and have reported daily update on support ticket and Verizon response to the issue If tech team, cannot find a solution to my problem. Can we do as the store agent suggested to create a new account (new number) with all discount benefits I currently have for using Verizon for over 2 years  Verizon AgentThank you. I am on the forum now and reviewing the interaction.  SESSION_TIMEOUT  Please continue to ask your question below and we'll get you on the right path.  Please continue to ask your question below and we'll get you on the right path.  Please let me know if you need more details. I have exhausted all possible solution to this problem.   The only problem I see it that there is a system issue with my account and it probably best to create a new account (new number) and transfer all the benefits that I currently have to this new account that was a suggestion from a store manager  Verizon AgentLet me check if it will be possible to create the new account with all the benefits applied to it after being created. yes please thank you   Verizon AgentYou're welcome.Please bear with me. Ok  Verizon AgentDo you have the security code of this line? I will need to access it so I can work something with it.  Verizon AgentTowards your account of course.  Verizon AgentThank you! ok thanks Were you able to find out if I can get a new account with same benefits?  Verizon AgentI will temporarily disconnect the line and reconnect it again. Would this be okay or is it something that you have tried?  Verizon AgentNo, getting a new account will re start the process for you. sure, this has been done many times to restart, resync sure got ahead and try reconnect let me know if you need me to restart phone or reset network from phone  Verizon AgentI will!  you can clearly see on my phone that data has been used for a while last recorded data date was 11/10 which is over 3 weekshasnt been used*that was when I have no data at all and my phone currently says I dont have a Verizon plan or youve used all data   Verizon AgentTotally yes, I can see that. It's a situation we have been working on for quite a while with you too.  I got a message that fund was added to my prepaid family account but that is still not working, in the past before I switched to this new plan I was recommended, my data was added and I can use it again. Now I do not have data even when fund has been added  Verizon AgentYes, it's while I reconnect and disconnect the line.  Verizon AgentPlease try and restart your device if possible. ok  Verizon AgentI appreciate your patience. still no data after restatingdevide still have carrier setup message saying You dont have a Verizon wireless plan or youve ussed all data polan   Verizon AgentThank you for trying with me. received text message account settings has been updated and that fund has been added I just received updated plan as requested and is this still the 15gb plan?I just check it is still the same  Verizon AgentSeem like the best option available for you is to create a new account. It is completely understandable that you'd like to keep getting all discount and benefits. It is up to you whatever decision you'd like to make.  Verizon AgentJust, same plan no changes.  Verizon AgentYes* so I will not enjoy the same benefit so is there anything Verizon can do at this point?  Verizon AgentAfter meeting all the requirements yes you absolutely will. You can even start with the $40 5GB plan and just after the 4+ months and renewals you start getting the $5 discount. If this cant be solved and I am forced to get a new account with no benefits for being with Verizon for over 2 years I am paying the same to downgrade my account to 5GB? Is that the best Verizon can do? Not only do I have to get a new number with no benefit for using Verizon for a long time, but I will have to sacrifice my data as well and pay same price? Does this sound reasonable to you? I have changed plans with the intention of getting at least 8GB data,which I was previosly with an extra 7GB promotion from Verizon. Until I was told to switch to the new 15GB plan   Verizon AgentWe truly apologize for this inconvenience that you have been having and we'd like to make this right for you with the options that we currently have available for Prepaid plans. now not only do I have two switch to a new number which is very inconvenient and I have pay for same price for only 5GB?  Verizon AgentSurely at this very moment you won't need to make any payments since the error is with the account a credit will be provided to the new one in order to activate it. So my new account will be credited to cover some of the cost is that correct?  Verizon AgentYes Verizon AgentA month of service covered and how much will I be paying monthly?  Verizon Agent$40 with 5GB SESSION_TIMEOUT Please continue to ask your question below and we'll get you on the right path. I am currently locked out of my account did my account get changed? I cannot login , my password has been changed and I am getting a secret question I did not set up

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! I do not have any of your information here on my end. How may I help you?

0 Likes
marbochengye
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update: I finally have data thank you for fixing it NoahS.  Thanks!

"Yay! I am glad it is working. I had your local tower refresh the data provisioning for your line. Sometimes information about how a line is supposed to be working gets a little error and starts behaving weird. A refresh with our main systems will often get it working. Is there anything else I can do for you? "
-  NoahS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome! I am happy to hear that Noah was able to get your data back for you. Please let me know if there was anything else that we can help you out with today? 

AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes