verizon yahoo email
gearheadslife
Enthusiast - Level 2

now, I have verizon wireless,(7+ years) verizon dsl and verizon yahoo email (5+ years)

the hanover,ma verizon wireless store talked me out of buying another blackberry.. and getting the maxx,  tho it is tons faster than my stormII

the manager at your verizon wireless can't get the verizon yahoo emails to work correctly..  after 3 hours in the store..

I  now receive the emails,  but when I delete them..  they only get deleted from phone..  not the email acount.. and then the next day are back on the phone again.. same emails.. 

I find it hard to fathom that verizon can't get  a verizon email to work correctly on a verizon service cellphone correctly..

HOW DO I GET  my email to work correctly, with the old blackberry  when you deleted emails  it deleted from phone AND the email account..

having the same emails show up every day on my phone intill I delete them  from the email account through a browzer( phone web or home /work/etc)

is a royal p.i.t.a. 

please help before I shove this 600.oo phone up someones backside..

thank you..

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: verizon yahoo email
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like your account is set up as a POP account; go into your Yahoo settings and under Incoming Settings, change Delete E-mail From Server to When I Delete From Inbox.  Or reconfigure your Yahoo account as an IMAP account.

0 Likes
gearheadslife
Enthusiast - Level 2

can you list how I'd do this.. thanks

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't have a Razr Maxx, but my Bionic is very similar, so hopefully these steps will work, or at least get you to where you can find it.

From your Yahoo e-mail, click on the gear in the lower right-hand corner (for Settings)

Choose your Yahoo e-mail (if you have more than one e-mail account)

Click on Incoming Settings

Under 'Delete Mail From Server', use the toggle to change it to 'When I Delete From Inbox'

Click 'Done'

0 Likes
gearheadslife
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks, fixed..

0 Likes