store downloaded apps on sd card instead of internal memory?
jeffreyman81

I am wanting to store my apps on my sd card instead on internal memory. I have vast space on the sd card and dont want to clog up the internal memory. I am not finding a way to store them there and that seems quite silly to me. my last phone was an htc evo and i had a choice of where to store them or at least move from internal to external, thanks in advance for any replies. I have the droid razor m

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: store downloaded apps on sd card instead of internal memory?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The ICS operating system (Android 4.0+) changed how the applications are stored on the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

This one I kind of have an issue with. I have Lucid it has 8 GB of memory but it's divided up into 4 GB system memory and 4 GB internal memory. Between the OS and pre-installed apps only 1.5 GB of the 4 GB of system memory remains. And many apps won't let you put an app anywhere else but system memory even though there is 4 GB on the internal memory not to mention there is the SD card too. So I have about 1 GB left of system memory. So when I run out of space there then I guess I'll have to delete apps. Of course many of them I can't delete.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have a similar situation with my Thunderbolt (if it ever gets ICS). The phone was advertised with an 8 GB internal memory storage. Out of the box it only has ~2.6 GB available for user installed applications and application data. I can't even save personal information to the internal storage space. Photos and music have to go on a micro SD card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes