signature picture showing up in text messages - how do i change it?
bonnieh6711
Enthusiast - Level 1

Every time I send a text message a picture shows up to the right of the message. I don't even know how it got set up that way so I don't know how to change it. It is not listed under message signature in settings for text messages. My daughter had my phone and must have set something up and now I don't know how to change it. I have looked at text/settings and tried to find something under tools but really have no idea what I'm looking for or how to change it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (The picture that is showing up is of my sister's cat that had to be put down and so it's really not an appropriate picture to be sending to my family members...!)

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: signature picture showing up in text messages - how do i change it?
Not applicable

Please remove this screen shot, its showing a persons telephone number.

The photo is used under the contacts on your phone. When you associate a photo to a contact the picture often times appears under their phone number.

Search all contacts on your device and select edit, then remove. You should be all set.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bonnieh6711,

I love cats, so it truly does sadden me to hear about your sister's cat.  To see what is going on, I would need to see an example of the picture you are seeing and where its located exactly.

Can you please take a screenshot of the picture you are seeing? To do this you would go to the screen you are referring to and press and hold the power key and the volume down key.  Please include it as an attachment in your reply.  This will give us a better idea on how to fix it.

Nicholas_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

bonnieh6711
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Nicholas,

I am attaching a screenshot of how it looks when I am sending a text. The picture is showing up on the right of the screen. The picture doesn't show up on the other person's phone when I send the text, or at least it didn't on my husband's phone (Droid Razr M also).  Why is the picture there if it isn't being sent? How did it get there? How do I get rid of it? Thanks for your prompt response - and I can use all the help I can get...! LOL

(And Duchess was a very pretty kitty and I love this picture of him (yes, I know duchess is a "her" name but it was a "he" cat) but don't necessarily want it there as a constant reminder that we had to put him to sleep... I'm sure you understand.)

>>Personal information removed from attachment per the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

The photo is used under the contacts on your phone. When you associate a photo to a contact the picture often times appears under their phone number.

Search all contacts on your device and select edit, then remove. You should be all set.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Elector wrote:

Good Luck

Elector, you can let the moderators know that there is a privacy issue or any other issue with the post by clicking the "report abuse" link and giving them your reason for reporting. Remember to use it wisely.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Ann, I try not to "rat" on others posts but have used it I think twice in all these years.

Not like the little net police that hide and use that on some of my replies. It should be used always with careful thought.

I usually alert the poster because by the time I caught it the number was out there for quite some time. And we live in a society of kooks. Grab the number and harass to some is considered fun. What a world we live in.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Elector, the only way that post could be edited now is by a moderator since the five minute edit window had long since passed and the user that wrote it can't report their own post to the moderators.

I don't think of it as "ratting". I think of it as "cleaning".

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Personally what ever word you use to do it, I don't believe in it. "Cleaning or Cleansing" has an frightening connotation.

I am not the net police. I try to mind my own business, let others mind theirs.

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

MODERATOR COMMENT:  The Terms of Service for this forum   state:

Community Monitoring

Users are asked to help Verizon Wireless keep the Verizon Wireless Community a valuable and enjoyable information resource for all participants by notifying us of any offending messages or other violations of these Terms. To advise us of such a posting, click the confidential "Report Abuse" link on the applicable post.

Violations include posting personal information, such as phone numbers or full names.  Assistance from the forum community in keeping user information private is greatly appreciated.

>> <<

Not applicable

Users are asked .....But it is not a mandatory requirement.

Thank you for your post.

0 Likes