screen shows I have 1 new text message but there are none. How can I get rid of that "1" indicator?
adamsro

My messaging icon shows a 1 indicating a new message. However, I have no unread messages. I had this issues once before and was able to get rid of it but don't recall the steps. I cleared cache for the messaging app and restarted the phone but that didn't work. The last time this happened, there was a message that someone sent me that must have been interrupted. When I cleared the notification, that message finally came through. I suspect something similar has occurred this time. I would appreciate any advice as to how to get rid of that notification number.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: screen shows I have 1 new text message but there are none. How can I get rid of that "1" indicator?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@adamsro

I would like to assist you with getting rid of that false text message indicator.

Have you tried resetting the Message application totally?  Here are the steps: http://vz.to/1jDfUfP.  After clearing the cache, select "Clear data".  This will reset the application.  Let me know how this works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: screen shows I have 1 new text message but there are none. How can I get rid of that "1" indicator?
mrsswenny

Mine did that, tried clearing cache, the only thing that made that go away was downloading clean master and going to privacy and selecting messages and cleaning it that way.. Worked!!

0 Likes