razr problems
dczoo

Many problems lately  (last 2 -3 months) with my RAZR. Have to manually turn on WIFI all of a sudden. My screen would start jumping and flashing. Most websites I visit are "not responding". That is, if the screen doesn't go black when I try to get to one. If that happens, I have to hit HOME because using the back button won't work.  It calls people when I'm not even near the phone. I've seen it scroll through a thread of texts at super-speed with no way of stopping it until it reached the end. It always turns off auto-rotate. Camera will open when I press an app that's not even close to it. Volume settings change throughout the day.

Is any of this happening to other RAZR users? Can it be saved? What would it be replaced with?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: razr problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@dczoo

I see you're having a number of problems with your Droid Razr!  I would love to help resolve them.

First, I need a little more information to ensure I can provide you the correct resolution.  Has your Droid Razr's software recently been updated?  What is your device's current software version http://vz.to/KlZqZo?  Have you tried soft resetting the device http://vz.to/1fYZVTd?  Please let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Re: razr problems
econn2000
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since the last OTA  update (4.1.2), my Droid RAZR MAXX (98.72.165.XT912) HAS BEEN ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS! I absolutely loved the phone before the update!  Now it freezes, screen goes black, won't let me answer, touch screen goes completely unresponsive, and the list goes on. The exact same condition has happened to two of my family members, and several of my co-workers. Reading the various forums, it appears that MOST RAZR MAXX owners have experienced the same thing. And yes, I've tried cache partition wipes, and resets to absolutely no avail.

Due to the extent of the condition, I think that it is shameful that neither Verizon nor Motorola have made any effort to fix this; especially since they destroyed all of these phones! I've been a loyal customer to Alltel and Verizon for almost 15 years, but I think it's about time that we part ways. A customer should get much more than two years out of a phone of this quality. How hard can it be? I know developers are busy pushing out "the next big thing," but isn't it worth retaining loyal customers to go back and fix something that they screwed up?

2RAK
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is exactly what my phone was doing and now it rebooted itself and is stuck on the Red Eye.  Very frustrating!  and there seems to be NO HELP anywhere you turn.  They all want you to BUY a new phone!  I don't have the money to keep buying new phones.  All they seem to want is our money!

0 Likes
peake1chessie

I am having the same battery issues as others. My phone will suddenly lose battery life when not even being used. I also have the over heating problem. Another very annoying problem is the inability to receive pictures in text messages. I have to turn the phone off, turn it back on, and sometimes even plug it in to get pictures to download. They used to load with NO problems until this latest "update." Some update - it has made the phone extremely frustrating to use. There are even times when the volume is on, and it only vibrates - again, time to shut it off and turn it on again.... I am not eligible for another phone until July. Could be a LONG 10 months. I do not have an extended warranty and wonder why I would even need one when so many people are having the exact same problem! I didn't do anything to my phone, the upgrade did!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Peake1chessie,

We want your device to be problem free! How long does it take the battery to go from 100% charge to 0% charge? What happens when you attempt to receive a picture? Do you receive a specific error message? Does the volume issue occur after removing a headset from the device? Place the device in Safe Mode for a couple of hours to see if the issue still occurs http://vz.to/1nbCmc2 .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
peake1chessie

Thanks for the response! I don't ever let the phone go to 0%! However, it

will go from 100% down to 25% in less than a 45 minute time frame.

I do not get an error message when trying to download texted pictures, they

just won't download. I usually wait up to 10 minutes, then I turn the phone

off, plug it in, turn it back on and then HOPEFULLY it will load. If it

still doesn't load, I go through the whole process again.

The volume issue occurs when I go from vibrate (during the work day) to

sound when the work day is done. Just today I did that, and missed a text

and a phone call because no sound occurred when I made the switch. It was

only when I went to make a call that I realized a text and call had come

through while sitting on the counter directly behind me. I have never used

a headset with the phone!

I will attempt the Safe Mode just as soon as I send this email!

Again, thanks for the response!

Lorrie

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 5:47 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes