phantom text messages
Bass2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having trouble with receiving text messages.  My phone shows that I have a message, but there is nothing there.  It may show up hours later to a day later.  Sometimes it just disappears.  It happens when I am receiving and sending.  This seems to have happened right after the last update.  It's happening to my husband's phone also (same model, Droid Razr M)  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: phantom text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Bass2014,

Let's figure this issue out together! Do you and your husband use any kind of third party text mesaging apps, or do you use what came with the phone? Are these issues with picture messages, or regular text messages as well? How often does this happen?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bass2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are using the text messaging that came with our phones.  It is basically pictures that we are having a problem with.  

I went on the chat line and they did something to "rebuild the network" and sent me several texts and they went through.  We tested it out this weekend and it still does not work.  Neither of us are receiving any pictures from anyone.  It doesn't matter if they have Verizon, AT&T or Sprint; none come through.  

Sometimes, in the past, it would come a day later.  It would show we have a text, but there is nothing there.  Either the picture would eventually come, or the text alert number would just vanish.

Can you help us fix this.

Also, this didn't start until the last update on the phones.

Maureen

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Are you on WiFi?  Pic messages need your cellular data to come through.  Also try a soft reset.  Hold vol up and down plus power until phone turns off. Send a pic to yourself with WiFi off and see if they come

0 Likes
Bass2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried your suggestions.  It worked for about a day.  Then I start getting notices that there is a text message, but nothing comes through.  If I restart the phone, it disappears; so I don't know what it was or who it was from.

Is this a problem with the phones after the update that other may be having too?

Maureen

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bass2014 We appreciate you for trying those steps. to answer your question, we are not showing this is a known issue since the update. However, we have had customers mention the issue with not being able to receive picture messages if the wifi is being used. I see we asked in the previous post if the wifi is being used.

SheritaH_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bass2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have turned off the wi-fi and sent myself a picture and it came through.  I sent a picture through my husband's phone (with the wi-fi) off and it will not come through.  It shows there is something there, but nothing comes through.  I also have had family send me pictures (with wi-fi) off and same outcome.

I sent a picture to my husband and it didn't go through.  But he has sent pictures to other family members and it DOES go through.

????

0 Likes
chrispea17

This worked for me. Change your SMS settings. Go to Settings>more >default SMS and then switch to another messaging app(hangouts worked for me). Then if you want, change it back after your message comes through.

0 Likes