official 4.2 or 4.3 upgrade? For FitBit compatibility
Gweeper64

What is the possibility of on official ROM upgrade from Verizon for either 4.2.x or 4.3 for the Droid Razr (Maxx) ? This is my wife's phone. She has a Fitbit Flex  and would like it to work for sync'ing with the Android app. The hardware supports the required Bluetooth 4.0LE. The Fitbit web site says it requires "Android 4.3+ or select Samsung devices" (grrr) for necessary Bluetooth drivers at a minimum before they will claim support for a particual Android device. They support the Galaxy SIII though, so it must be able to work with Android 4.2.x .

I'm brave enough to go the Cyanogenmod route if that is the only option, but if there would be something official coming soon, I would wait.

The frustrating thing (for my wife) is, it was working and actually syncing until Fitbit upgraded their app just recently. 😕

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: official 4.2 or 4.3 upgrade? For FitBit compatibility
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What version is the phone running now?

I don't know if or when an update for your device would be released.

Have you considered emailing the developer and asking why they removed support for the device? Or if they could test it for compatibility?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Gweeper64

The phone is running the latest "official" release... 4.1.2 I believe.

Fitbit didn't "remove" support for the Razr (Maxx) per se, they just never claimed to support it. But, it was working anyway.. .and now it doesn't. Annoying.

Here is their page on Android compatibility:

https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/articles/987861-android-device-compatibility

0 Likes
Melancholic

Smiley Sad  I have the same issue with an LG Enact, Verizon claims it wortks with the FitBit Flex but it doesn'r. Same problem: OS version 4.1.2. My wife went by the information on the Verizon website and bought me this expensive but near-useless device. Another score for Verizon!

0 Likes