motocast question
mfredm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

i have motocast installed on both the razr and my laptop.  both are active.  using the mobile 3g connection i can see the remote computer and access all the file except video.  i have the motocast download set to allow both mobile and wifi.  when i click on the video file i get the message "video streaming over wifi only".  I then get an orange warning in the notification tray, that says "downloading, waiting for wifi".  this will not go away even when i connect to wifi.  i have to do a power down to clear it.  any ideas?

"

Labels (2)
Re: motocast question
B33
Legend

You might give these Instructions a Look over i my self have Not Used the Moto Cast Feature so i am Very Rusty on this But i Did Google The Question an Found these Instructions an More is on the Subject and a Google Search can Help a Lot.. b33

How do I use MotoCast?

CLICK HERE for our MotoCast video instructions to help you get started.

Stream or download music, pictures, videos, and documents from your computer directly to your smartphone. MotoCast lets you pull content from your home or work computers at blazing fast 4G LTE speeds, providing secure, nearly instant remote access to your files.

Note: Your existing ZumoCast account will not work with MotoCast.  You will need to set up a new MotoCast account…but it only takes a couple of minutes

DEVICE SETUP

To get started, from the home screen touch Apps > My Accounts > Add account > MotoCast ID, and follow the on-screen instructions to create an account on your smartphone.

DESKTOP SETUP

MotoCast can be installed on one or more Microsoft™ Windows™ or Apple™ Macintosh™ computers to stream and download files. Your smartphone contains the application that needs to be installed on your computer. Connect your smartphone to the computer with a USB cable, and follow the on-screen instructions to install the application. When installed, log in to the same account you created on your smartphone, then select which computer files you want to share.

Download MotoCast

Auto upload

Recently captured pictures and videos will automatically upload to your remote computer via Wi-Fi. The default setting to auto-upload pictures and video is over Wi-Fi only. To change default settings, touch My gallery from the Apps menu > Touch the menu key > Settings > MotoCast settings > MotoCast auto upload settings > Check or uncheck MotoCast auto upload.

Note: If  auto-upload is on and you take a picture without a Wi-Fi network available (assuming wifi is selected upload method), message "waiting to upload" will appear in the status bar.

Click here to learn more about MotoCast.

You Might take a Look at a few of these Links as they might help as Well:

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/11/25/how-to-setup-and-utilize-motocast-on-your-droid-razr/

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/CA-EN/Software/MotoCast/Documents/Staticfiles/MOTOCAST_U...

0 Likes
mfredm
Enthusiast - Level 2

ya, did all that, even when motocast is set to download over mobile, it always wont let me stream video.  just went out to a bar, conected to my laptop, all files are visible including the videos.  when i press and hold the video file, i get a popup with options. neither open or download option works, it always says "video streaming is not allowed on mobile, only wi-fi

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Just found it by doing a Google Search on my Computer Hope it helps..Here's How i found it--> Motocast Set-up & Questions..

0 Likes
mfredm
Enthusiast - Level 2

motocast IS setup correctly, all accounts are active with the proper passwords.  ALL the files on my remote computer will download.  ONLY video will not stream or download using a 3G connection.  It always insists that i be connected to wi-fi.  i need to know if anyone else does successfully stream video over a mobile connection to this device and if so what is the trick, or is this a bug with the razr, or is verizon restricting video streaming.  i am not a newbie, i am a computer professional.

i can make this device sing, with everything else but this.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I wish you good Luck..

0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

Might give your data manager a check.  If you have data saver on it will not let you download large files.  It waits for a wifi connection for this.

0 Likes
mfredm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bingo!!  That worked.  but the steps to take are very complicated, and not spelled out anywhere in the docs.  Data savings needs to be turned off.  however in the data saving screen, nowhere does it say that streaming is affected.  after that you need to navigate to the folder where the video is on the host computer.  Then press and hold the file and choose download.  Once it starts downloading, go back, press and hold the file again and choose open.  then it will start playing.

WHEW!!

0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey D.T. you lifted allot of my Shoulders Thank Ya!  Thank Ya!    b33

0 Likes