ics update
mishcap

hello, I got the ics update this morning.  I am also having problems with my gallery.  Also, when i send a text, my picture shows up as unknown ( contact not found)  any suggestions on these issues?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ics update
Cody21
Master - Level 2

What errors are you getting in MY GALLERY ??  I assume you rebooted your phone at least once after getting ICS ?

A place to start to fix MY GALLERY issues is :  Settings / Manage Apps / ALL (tab) - scroll to MEDIA STORAGE and press CLEAR DATA & reboot phone.  (This doe NOT wipe your files ..  but rather refreshes the directory the first time youlaunch it -- which can take a while if you have a lot of files.)

Try that ... let us know.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

What errors are you getting in MY GALLERY ??  I assume you rebooted your phone at least once after getting ICS ?

A place to start to fix MY GALLERY issues is :  Settings / Manage Apps / ALL (tab) - scroll to MEDIA STORAGE and press CLEAR DATA & reboot phone.  (This doe NOT wipe your files ..  but rather refreshes the directory the first time youlaunch it -- which can take a while if you have a lot of files.)

Try that ... let us know.

0 Likes
mishcap

Hi, Thanks for the response.  I have the razr maxx, when you say reboot do you mean just shut off, cause i did that.  I went to settings and did find media storage, but it states if clear data will lose everything. 

0 Likes
mishcap

Hi again! Ok got it working. Any suggestion on why since update when send a text i dont see my pic. Anymore.. says contact unknown

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
mishcap

I got it thanks for helping. Have a great day

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Glad to help ...  enjoy.  (please mark the "correct answer" if I provided one as a resolution.)

0 Likes
laurie823
Enthusiast - Level 2

how did you fix the unknown contact problem.  my husbands razr is doing this on all contacts in text and when calling.

0 Likes
mishcap

Hi, on this phone if u go into contacts, thnk its the 2 nd one under emergency, u must add your name and picture, then it shld work

0 Likes