ics broke bluetooth to auto for calls and audio playback
dz07722

After upgrading to ICS (4.0.4) on my RAZR MAXX, I can no longer maintain a bluetooth session with my car and the audio playback is not working at all.  The connection begins and drops after less than 1 minute.   This cycle repeats.  Calls and audio worked with the same car configuration in Android 2.3.4.  After a long search on the net I learn that this is a common problem.  Has anyone heard about a patch or work around?  I tried disabling wifi - no joy.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: ics broke bluetooth to auto for calls and audio playback
Duewester
Contributor - Level 2

What kind of car?

I've seen some issues with BMW and ICS. The firmware in the BMW isn't compatible with the ICS. There is  firmware update though.

I use the legacy OnStar bluetooth in my car and it works better since ICS.

0 Likes
dz07722

BMW X5.  It's a 2012 model.  I'll look into it.  Thanks Duewester.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

What's the Color dz: i love Beamer in Red or Black like a sharp Dress Man.. b33

0 Likes
BobR1003

I have the same problem with my DROID RAZR.  I use a Plantronics Pro+ headset and regularly have hour long conference calls.   I had no connection problems prior to ICS.  When I upgraded to ICS, the Bluetooth connection started dropping.  It will drop then reconnect, then drop, then reconnect, every couple minutes.  I end up holding my phone to one ear with the Bluetooth on the other, the call rotates between them.  VERY ANNOYING.  UNACCEPTABLE.  I tried a second Bluetooth headset (also Plantronics Pro+).  it worked for about  2 days, then had the same problem. 

From reading various postings, I believe this is a problem with ICS and the Bluetooth connection.  Nothing to do with what type of headset, automobile, etc.  It may be only those of us that had Android 2.3.4 and upgraded to ICS.

BobR

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You might want to Look at another Headset i had the same headset and tried to Get it to Work when we were on Gingerbread and had nothing But issues with it..Bought a Motorola one and it's working smooth as Butter..

Here is a Good Place to Go to For allot of Answers on your New Maxx the Page is Updated Just about every day and Covers Quite a Few Things..

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/product_page/faqs/p/30,6720,8417

0 Likes
Duewester
Contributor - Level 2

I use a Voayager Pro too.

I had no problems with it prior to ICS and have had no issues with it since ICS either. I have had it since the early days of my Samsung Omnia II Win phone.

Do you have a lot of other BT or 2.4ghz equipment in the area? BT pairing is not infallible even with the highest dollar equipment. I had to move a phone off my desk to another location because every time it rang, my mouse went wacky. Low batteries in the device make em go nuts too.

My office at work is near a lot of electronics and transformers, nothing wireless works here if more than 2 ft away. No cell, no 2.4, no BT and even my Logitech unified mouse and keyboard start acting up when the batteries get weak.

One thing everybody at work noticed this week, since about Monday late and Tuesday, when the solar storm hit earth, nothing has been working quite right. Hasn't stopped, just doesn't work right all the time.

0 Likes
dz07722

So I updated the 2012 BMW X5 software to the latest version, which was very simple to do - a download from BMW > a USB stick > X5 update via iDrive... but the problem remains.  Very frustrating. 

0 Likes
Duewester
Contributor - Level 2

Hi DZ,

Glad the firmware went well, sorry the issue remains. Firmware update didn't hurt to do anyway.

You sound pretty savy but I gotta ask:

Did you reset the phone, clear the cache and re-pair the phone to the car? Old settings in cache lead to lots of other issues that pop up in this forum. Now that the car is essentially a new device, you might want to wipe out the phones memory of the old device and start again. Just a thought.

0 Likes
dz07722

cleared cache on all bluetooth related apps and stopped them...  no joy.

0 Likes