i can not send a picture message since i.c.s. update
bjshills

I have droid razr since i got the ice cream sandwich update i can no longer send a picture message as a text, i can send pictures to my FB but just not as a MMS.. I have unlimited text and data, it keeps telling me MESSAGE SIZE LIMIT REACHED, SORRY YOU CANNOT ADD THIS PICTURE TO YOUR MESSAGE.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: i can not send a picture message since i.c.s. update
Duewester
Contributor - Level 2

Have you tried to raise you data limit?

Go to System Settings -Data Usage and see if you are close to the preset limit. If you are, increase the data limit.

0 Likes
dajman71
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have been struggling with this since the upgrade! Just now I finally figured it out! Hit the menu button, select manage apps. Up top scroll over to all to show all the apps, then scroll through the list & find the text messaging app & tap it, then clear data, it didnt erase any of my text messages. Now try it to send a pic as a text message & it should work, it did for me......

B33
Legend

It could be that you need to use a Smaller setting for your Pictures. But as Duewester Posted and it's been happening to Others the Limit on the Data Setting May have to Set a High Level or As a Rep that i know Well said on his Maxx it got to the Data Level it Stopped on Him he Set the Level Higher but it Didn't help all he could use was Wi-Fi so he ended up doing a F.D.R. then it resumed Working. I think this is one Little issue that needs a Definite Look at when they Release the New Softwear to replace our Current one..

0 Likes
Montman220
Enthusiast - Level 1

FIXED! This worked for me, too:

• Hit the menu button, select manage apps.
  • Up top scroll over to all to show all the apps,
  • then scroll through the list & find the text messaging app & tap it, then clear data. 

Text messages were not deleted at all and the message limit error was cleared.  When I was in my settings, it showed I used 1.26MB out of 1.3MB allocated.  Works great now, no problem.

B33
Legend

Sounds like Good working Solution.. b33

0 Likes
Smallcurd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem since the ICS update with my Droid RAZR MAXX. This fixed it and I didn't lose any text messages as stated. The only other solutions I found were to download other apps. Thank you dajman71.

0 Likes