how to check hotspot data usage
Fletcher1189
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been using my hotspot on my 4g RAZR for the last month but I cannot find out how much I have used' I have the old unlimited data plan on my phone and I've read that it could possibly give me unlimited usage for my hotspot. How can I check my hotspot usage?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to check hotspot data usage
Nicole_Vz
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can check your data usage directly on the mobile hotspot device screen (not available on all models) or on its admin page. You can also see your data usage in My Verizon.

Check out Verizon's FAQs for mobile hotspot data usage if you need further assistance. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, Fletcher! I can provide you with the information you need about your hotspot allowance and tracking your usage! With the unlimited data plan you are able to add 2GB for mobile internet usage (hotspot usage).

You can view your data usage by completing the following:

1. Call #DATA from your wireless phone.
2. You will receive a text message.
3. The message will provide a breakdown of all your data usage.

You can also go to vzw.com and sign into your account. To right of the picture of your phone you select the blue hyper link 'Usage Details'. You can also view a complete breakdown of your usage. I hope this helps. Have a great evening.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

mrabell125
Enthusiast - Level 1

yeah, my “view usage” link doesn’t show hotspot.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Fletcher1189 wrote:

I've been using my hotspot on my 4g RAZR for the last month but I cannot find out how much I have used' I have the old unlimited data plan on my phone and I've read that it could possibly give me unlimited usage for my hotspot. How can I check my hotspot usage?

Use the data usage option/graphic on the phone itself. The Mobile hotspot should be listed as a separate line item in the overall data usage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 1

That doesn't work. The phone call shows 0 time and nothing happens. No text message shows up. How do I learn what my usage is?

Nicole_Vz
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can check your data usage directly on the mobile hotspot device screen (not available on all models) or on its admin page. You can also see your data usage in My Verizon.

Check out Verizon's FAQs for mobile hotspot data usage if you need further assistance. 

0 Likes