how do i download Adobe Flash to my device
tizoc

how do i download Adobe Flash to my device

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: how do i download Adobe Flash to my device
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You can see if it is available for you on Google Play but it might not be. First you need to have a FLASH ready Browser Like Dolphin or FireFly because the ICS provided Browser does NOT support Flash to begin with. If you have a Flash ready browser and Flash is NOT available to you on Google Play, you can get it from Adobe itself at least for the time being.  Be very careful of getting Adobe Flash from any other third party.

0 Likes
AZ8
Contributor - Level 1

Assuming you have jelly bean.

From Adobe's website:

".... However, with Android 4.1 this is no longer going to be the case, as we have not continued developing and testing Flash Player for this new version of Android and its available browser options.  There will be no certified implementations of Flash Player for Android 4.1."

"....If a device is upgraded from Android 4.0 to Android 4.1, the current version of Flash Player may exhibit unpredictable behavior, as it is not certified for use with Android 4.1.  Future updates to Flash Player will not work.  We recommend uninstalling Flash Player on devices which have been upgraded to Android 4.1."

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well that stinks. Makes me leary about upgrade my ICS device now. I thought I could still use Flash on a device as long as I installed it myself. Until HTML5 becomes standard, Flash is still necessary no matter what the Flash haters think.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

My Post above still stands. My sons tablet and his Razr Maxx both have Jelly Bean on it and it has Dolphin Browser and Flash and they work just fine.  I cannot promise it will work on your device, but it is something you can try and if it does NOT work for you then you can uninstall it.

In ICS the Browser stopped supporting Flash and if you wanted to use Flash you had to download a browser that supported it (Dolphin and Firefly)

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Dolphin blocks you from using Flash player by default since the recent updates.

0 Likes
Rankin39

Sorry, I'm still a little confused.  Do you mean recent updates to Dolphin, updates to Flash or updates to the Android OS?  I have not updated to Jelly Bean.  So can I get Dolphin and then download Flash under ICS?

Bob

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you are on 4.1 dolphin browser will not load flash.

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I am still on Dolphin 3.9. Never updated it since it worked flawlessly. That would explain why mine still works.

How about Firefly? I know that worked as well with Flash? Since Adobe is no longer supporting Flash on Mobile Phones, I would assume that ultimately all of the browsers that supported it and or currently support it will ditch it as well.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I put Flash back on Maxx's Jake and they so far haven't done to bad with it but i didn't get Jelly B they Moto Pulled it before i got it) But that might of been a Good thing Smiley Happy it works with the Inter Browser but not all with Chrome Haven't Tried it with Dolphin but might give it a Try.. b

0 Likes