help please.....
blhjls

How do you close games/apps that are running?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: help please.....
junior509
Contributor - Level 1

You can download an app called task killers or you can go to menu, manage apps and select running across the top and press on an app and stop it from running individually.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wrong. Don't use task killers to end applications. You will only make the phone reload the killed app in the memory again and draining the battery in the process.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Task killers are not recommended for Android phones; the operating system will free up resources as needed

0 Likes
B33
Legend

The two Suggestions above mine are Very Correct i do how ever use a App called System Panel it will tell you how your Phone is Running. From CPU use to Battery to what the apps are doing. The app is Free in the PlayStore but i recommend the payed Version it has a  few more options you can use and it has no adds running on it.. Give it a Try.!  b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

MOst all of the apps have a menu in the game to exit the game, try pressing the back button until you see the option to exit or close game...

Also I agree that a task killer is a bad ideal...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Blhjls!

Running, running and running running! We don't want your apps to keep running while not in use!  The Maxx has a new options with the most recent software to close out applications.

Press and hold the Home Key and you will get a list of running apps. Simply slide them off the screen to the right and that will close them out!

Easy peasy! Any other questions, just let us know!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Actually there is one more step to actually close the apps, just pressing the button and slide them only removes from recent used apps list..  Press Home button / Select Task Manger / End All or One at a time..

screenshot_1022171517.png  screenshot_1022171536.png

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That might be a TouchWiz customization, Wildman. What you describe isn't available on my Nexus running stock Android.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

There may be differences do to UI, the Nexus UI is completely difference because of the lack of custom UI.

0 Likes