having problems setting alarm time since daylight savings time change today
APash
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the change to Daylight Savings time this morning, I am unable to set my alarm correctly.  I set it to 2:40 a.m. but the time on the alarm shows 3:40 a.m.  I have all the proper settings correctly done.  I have powered down the phone numerous times, and still the same result. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: having problems setting alarm time since daylight savings time change today
Snn5
Legend

Can you clear the clock cache? 

0 Likes
APash
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the clock/alarm that came with the phone. There is nothing in the settings that will allow me to clear the cache for the clock.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Please open your App Manager within system settings.  Scroll to ALL apps.  The Alarm/Clock app is listed and tapping it will take you to the screen to clear cache.

Clear App Cache DROID RAZR RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA | Verizon Wireless

APash
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've cleared the clock cache, powered off the phone and the problem remains the same. I have the Automatic date & time checked, and the same for Automatic time zone (GMT-5:00, Eastern Daylight Time).  I have even unchecked both and still get the same result.

What is weird, I can set the alarm for any other time, but unable to set it at 2:40 a.m. When I do this, it sets to 3:40 a.m.  Any time that I set from 2:00 a.m. to 2:59 a.m. goes to that time setting in the 3 a.m. time.

Snn5
Legend

I wonder if, from the DST change that since it affected at 2AM local time that any min increment within that hour is now affected.  I wonder if VZW might have a better option the resetting the device.

0 Likes
APash
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm thinking the same problem... when we went to standard time, the same thing happened but once I powered off and re-started the problem was fixed. As we can tell, not happening now.

I have downloaded an alarm clock and that works just fine until I can call VZW tomorrow.

Thank you for all of your help.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I don't suppose that maybe the system time is affected by the SIM.  It's an easy and free and quick check anyway.  Power down, remove SIM, replace, Restart and let the SIM check-up with the tower.

0 Likes
APash
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whatever caused this problem, it either corrected itself on Day 2 of DST or VZW fixed the problem as today I had no issue setting the alarm to the correct time needed.