email setup for verizon.net account on Razor MaxHD
Bellaaro

Wife purchased a new Razor MaxHD.  Cannot get verizon email setup.  tried changing port #s and authentication methods but no luck.  Either cannot connect to server (pop3.verizon.net, or pop.verizon.net) or wrong name and password.  All settings same for laptop and no problems there.  Please help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: email setup for verizon.net account on Razor MaxHD
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure that is the right server information?  I thought I have seen some verizon.net addresses go through the yahoo servers especially for mobile setups.  Also the settings for the computers are often different for mobile connections.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Bellaaro

Help is here!  Let's get your Verizon email account working as expected.  Please try adding the email account using the following steps: http://vz.to/14LbTxU.  If you get the error using the email address and password, select "Manual setup" on the screen where you enter the Verizon email address and password.  Here are the server settings for Verizon.net: Incoming: pop.verizon.net or pop.yahoo.verizon.net  //  Outgoing: smtp.verizon.net or: smtp.yahoo.verizon.net.  For Security Type use "SSL".  Incoming Port: 995 and Outgoing Port: 465.  Please let us know how this works out for you.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
woe

I have a similar problem with my Droid Razor Maxx.  I can get and sent Gmail, and I get my verizon.net mail, but I cannot send verizon.net email from my telephone.  Is the fix the same you recommend to the Razor MaxHD?

0 Likes
LSV

This does not work!  After upgrading to a Droid Maxx, I spent a weekend tearing my hair out trying to get my Verizon.net email to work on the new device because both Verizon Wireless and Verizon websites are less than satisfactory in addressing this issue.  I finally found 2 solutions from searching the internet.  The first and easiest solution is to download the Yahoo Mail App and logging in as username@verizon.net.

The second solution is more involved with these settings

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server - Requires SSL

• Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
  • Port: 993
  • Requires SSL: Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - Requires SSL

• Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Port: 587
  • Requires SSL: Yes
  • Requires authentication: Yes

Login info - Requires authentication

0 Likes