droid turbo 2 wont charge since update
jobyamen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know multiple other users experiencing the same issue, especially since the marshmallow update. the turbo charge feature doesn't work any longer (and yes, Im using the charger it came with, ive also used my wifes turbo charger and my sons turbo charger, same result) now, when I attempt to charge it, the battery power actually goes down. ive done the soft reboot, and it will occasionally charge (slowly) after multiple soft reboots, but I have to put it into airplane mode for it to charge at a snails pace. Ive gone though the trouble shooting on verizons website, same results. Ive tried using an old charger, and that seems to be more reliable than the turbo chargers, but the selling point of this phone was how fast it charged AND that its supposed to hold a charge for 48 hours, which is also a major issue as it loses a charge extremely quickly now and that's after doing mult app resets.

Basically, the droid turbo 2 is a lemon since the update and Im sure Verizon and Motorola are well aware of it. Whats the recommended course of action at this point?

Labels (2)
Re: droid turbo 2 wont charge since update
Frankk1979
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm facing almost exact symptoms.

I have to hard reboot my phone (hold volume up and power 7 seconds) with cable plugged in to it, and wait for it to reboot for it to start charging.  It doesn't turbo charge at all.  I noticed this the day after last update (3 days ago).  I've wiped cache partition.  That didn't work. I finally factory reset my phone.  Same symptoms.  No turbo charge and have to hard reboot to get the battery percentage to move.  I have two chargers and neither function properly anymore.  They are stock chargers.

I can't believe neither Verizon or Motorola has not acknowledged this yet.  This is certainly a problem they know about by now.

I'm sure if another update isn't pushed to fix I will be taking my phone to Verizon tomorrow.

Frankk1979
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm confident there is nothing we can do.

It's on their end.  I was told by support it is a software issue within MM update that is causing Hardware to not perform as expected.

Frankk1979
Enthusiast - Level 2

I brought my DT2 to Verizon.  They are sending me a replacement.  Don't think I'll take the OTA if it's not already on the device.

Raafi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, this is July 24th and Verizon/Motorola/Lenovo have still not come up with a correction to this glitch.  One would think that after all of this time, it would have been resolved.

I did not come here to offer a solution, NO ONE HAS ONE. I came here to inform Verizon of how their Tech Reps and their "policy" treats their customers.

My first issue: Issuing a rebuilt phone instead of a new one.  My best analogy is you buy a New Ford Mustang, and you are making payments on it, and it winds up being a lemon.  Would Ford offer you a nice used one to replace it, even if it went thru 100 checks by their mechanics? NO. Would you accept that as an alternative? NO.  But Verizon feels it is  in their interest (not yours) that after you have made payments on a $500+ phone, that you should accept a used phone (well not that used, just slightly used)

I have tried all of the options on all of the legitimate forums, I have sat with tech reps on the phone for over 8 hours, i have visited my local store 4 times, and NOTHING helps and i refuse to accept a used phone.

Verizon, it is service like this that makes people switch carriers, no matter how big your company is

0 Likes