droid turbo 2 nougat upgrade - lost texts
scnorman18
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I upgraded my Droid Turbo 2's software and I lost my text messaging app with all my text history. Where can this be found and restored?

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: droid turbo 2 nougat upgrade - lost texts
WILBRO62
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called Verizon and they put Motorola on the phone. I was instructed to go to settings>>apps>>touch menu in top right corner>> touch reset app preferences. That seems to have fixed the problems for now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Unless you have your messages backed up somewhere, then there is no way to get them back.

0 Likes
TCCA_JHH

Same thing happened to me.  My "Green" Text Box App, vanished.   Looks like it was replaced by Messenger (Blue Circle, with a white "cartoon" text box).  All old texts are still on my phone.  Just my old Text App is gone.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like whatever they were using before was replaced by Google's messenger app. In which case, yes, all the messages would still be on the phone.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Agreed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
shaynei

after the upgrade my text messenger counter never resets after viewing the text message unless I delete the whole message!!! What is going on with these upgrades?? Does anyone test these things before putting them out??

0 Likes
WILBRO62
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called Verizon and they put Motorola on the phone. I was instructed to go to settings>>apps>>touch menu in top right corner>> touch reset app preferences. That seems to have fixed the problems for now.

0 Likes
MrMikey

The last Android update wiped all my pictures off of my SD card. Where did they go and can I get them back?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Unless you backed them up, there is nowhere to recover them from.

0 Likes
gypsydawg

Turn off phone, remove card.  Turn phone on.

Reboot to safe mode - hold power button until power off shows up. Long tap on power off until safe mode prompt comes up.  Acknowledge.  In safe mode go to Settings>Storage>Internal Shared Storage.  Tap on Cached Data.  Tap OK to clear Cached Data.

Reinsert card.  Wait to see if it is recognized.  If it is, reboot your phone - hold down power button until screen goes black, then release.  After phone is back on, wait to see if card is recognized.  If it is, try to look at your goodies.  If they are there, VIOLA!

If the card is not recognized or you still cannot look at your stuff, then something else is going on and you may, indeed, need a data recovery service.

Good Luck!

0 Likes