difficulty receiving MMS messages
mynameisjack

MMS messages. . . photos are slooooooooooow to download to the point of not caring to even to see them. And a group message (including any related responses made my anyone in the group also using MMS) may take hours or days to come through at all. I have both WiFi and 4G (or available service) turned on, with WiFi to be used when available; and Group messaging is turned off. Where am I going wrong? The trouble started within the past 2-3 weeks, after the latest update.

Thanks for the help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: difficulty receiving MMS messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mynameisjack, Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your MMS issues. Lets get to the bottom of this. Just a heads up, you are only to receive MMS messages via data (3G or 4G) and not on wifi. Be sure to temporarily turn off wifi and make sure some data connection is made to be able to receive the message. If you are using a 3rd party application it might work over wifi, but if it is the messaging app that came with the device, then it will only come thru via data. If turning wifi doesn't help, try to go to settings>Apps>All>messages> force stop and clear data/cache. Here is a troubleshooting support page that can also help http://vz.to/1dXZprQ Keep us posted on the progress so we can get your device back into gear in no time. Thanks

-PeterV_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes