data leakage
afdfluff

My data usage on my account states that I have used 7.0 GB of data in two weeks since i got my new Droid Turbo.  How can this be when I am connected to WIFI nearly 80% of the time and my phone data tracker shows that I have used on .48 GB of data?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: data leakage
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Scottyt841

Upgraded to my Turbo about a month ago. Dropped down to 2 GB from 4 GB because I was using barely over 1 GB. Saw today I had used 1.2 GB since my new cycle started on the 7th of December. So in 2 to 3 days I have used more than I have in months. Looked at the usage and it showed on Dec. 9th at 9:18 I used .49 GB. At this time I was sitting at home so my phone should have been connected to Wifi. I have all the setting set-up so it stays connected to the Wifi when its asleep, etc...There also was another data charge from the 12:00 AM on the 8th for .38 GB. I tend to watch Netflix before I go to bed but it also runs through my Wifi. Last month I had a prorated plan and I had to turn of the data two weeks prior to the end of cycle and couldnt figure where all the data went. My phone itself shows .04 GB of data used and 1.5 GB used on Wifi. So there is a 1.16 differential in what my phone shows was used and what the network shows was used. I tried explaining this to the Verizon Reps and they told me sometimes my Wifi probably shuts off and that's why the large usages are occurring and their tip to me was turn off data completely when I get home. So apparently my Wifi started shutting off simultaneously with my new phone. 

0 Likes
stevehoefy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem.  I sat home one night right in front of my modem using wi fi and the next day it showed I used 500mb of data that evening.  My wife has a note 4 and just like me she uses wifi whenever possible and she hardly uses any data.  I just don't get it either.  I love this phone but I don't want to have to worry about using my data either.

0 Likes