constant pop-ups
chadacton

keep getting pop-ups.  ran anti virus and found nothing.  deleted a few downloaded apps and did not help.  anyone else encounter this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: constant pop-ups
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

this is caused by one or more apps that have been installed... go to the market and see if they have
Air Push Detector or Ad On Detector and see if it will show which app is causing it.. also you can check apps and see it there is one call AirPush Defender which will block all of that or Airblocker in the play store.. it is worth paying a few cents to stop all that than deal with the popups which in some case do damage to your device.....

please advise if this helps you

oh and if you get it figured out what apps is causing after removal make sure to clear history

I don't believe this unit is rooted but there also might be a root/install Adfree under the store link too..

please let me know if this helps..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I have HTC One M8 and Chrome has been hijacked by update.appfansworld.com. How do I resolve these ty...

This thread is fairly exhaustive in the methods used to answer this.

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

this is caused by one or more apps that have been installed... go to the market and see if they have
Air Push Detector or Ad On Detector and see if it will show which app is causing it.. also you can check apps and see it there is one call AirPush Defender which will block all of that or Airblocker in the play store.. it is worth paying a few cents to stop all that than deal with the popups which in some case do damage to your device.....

please advise if this helps you

oh and if you get it figured out what apps is causing after removal make sure to clear history

I don't believe this unit is rooted but there also might be a root/install Adfree under the store link too..

please let me know if this helps..

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

under your settings.. look at apps . most times the ones causing issues on the icons you will notice bar graphs (green lines) those I hear are the trouble makers.. but be careful some legit apps have green squares on them.. you should be able to tell the difference by the name of the app.....

on the chrome issue .. wow.. you have just create a homework assignment for me   sorry your chrome went traveling .. I will let you know if I find anything

0 Likes