Re: class action
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Actually, because Android is open source, Google gives away the OS and only requires OEMs to meet certain requirements to be able to put the "with Google" label on it.  Also, the majority of the apps in the market are developed outside of Google (except those clearly marked with Google as the developer) and all root apps have a warning that whatever happens to your phone while using the app is your responsibility.

0 Likes
MrOpinion
Enthusiast - Level 2

What a concept, no just maybe you care to tell me how -- because my 'auto update' is turned off (more correctly NOT ON) in the only location I can find such - market-settings but does not appear to apply to pre-installed apps - can't find anything else--> not under main settings/apps not under individual 'pre-installed apps'(as someone else claimed) and note that the 11 that keep wanting to update are not identified - just a msg that states updates and if you don't treat it just perfect it will suddenly slam your phone w/ 11 parallel update downloads - where now I can see which ones but to late and only a few let me uninstall update bringing it down to minimal app. Sorry having hijacked string - but it was a natural spawn that should be seperated

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Open your market, menu>my apps, scroll to which one you want and select it, then make sure automatic updates are turned off.  Now, for future reference, you sound rather dickish and easing up on your tone a bit might get you a bit more help.

MrOpinion
Enthusiast - Level 2

No caffeine involved - just a fired up about of the outrageous self-serving - screw the customer attitude that service providers (all) as well as well as equipment manufacturers (most) and OS system writers (all) have - not just in this phone world, but PC's and the like - basically we are paying for being advertised to and not getting what we want or paid for -- my 16 gig of memory, the apps I actually want (kind of like IE built into Windows - it's the worst browser and a huge security risk - but not removable an easily externally activated by hackers -- wrong item - same concept) and just how safe are they ? Did VZ (or other providers) really check them out, or just cash the check and smile - It's a travesty and needs to be stopped . . . but I'll leave it at that , sign off and chat to my shysters

0 Likes
MrOpinion
Enthusiast - Level 2

AS I SAID , please re-read (I did say market-settings) since you got snotty >>>>>>>> IT IS OFF BUT DOES NOT EFFECT PRE_INSTALLED APPS --- I come from 3 decades of PC's and am not a novice to settings and the like ---- they are not controllable, partially because some are not part of 'THE MARKET' --- but you are right that I have a major attitude with this --- as well as Motorola daily requesting access to my contacts and VZ backup daily sending some cryptic text message

So I will continue to refer to this $300 RAZR as a not-so-smart-non-phone-gadget

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I just dont get it, what are you expecting to be told?  You have been told how it is and you dont choose to accept the answer, you can get upseet over the information being given but in the end your still not making any progress...

Venting can be good for some situations but getting upset because you dont hear what you want makes a very simple one sided conversation...  A number of users has went down the road you are threating and I am sure you wont be the last but in the end things are what they are and sueing doesnt always resolve a issue..

Good Luck with your adventures...  No matter how short it may be...

0 Likes
budone
Legend

MrOpinion wrote:

So I will continue to refer to this $300 RAZR  as a not-so-smart-non-phone-gadget

Sounds like a match made in heaven.... that phone and you

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Market settings is not the same as opening the market page for each app (the process I described to you before).  If they are not part of the market, then you will not get an update, except through a full firmware update.  I have to ask, however, how is Motorola requesting access to your contacts on a daily basis?  And, any texts you get from Verizon can easily be cancelled by replying X (funny, it says that right in the msg).  I think you have been reading too many tech blog hype stories and it's time to take off the tin foil hat

0 Likes
MrOpinion
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has been trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Messages are frome a 'code' not a phone number and say VZWNMN:## sending a reply gets you two more - techs baffled

re motorola - also is clueless. I get the following Notification daily

you have a PBPA requesmotorola is requesting permission to access your contact data

Not re notifications on updates and auto-update. Just FYI. Google books is clearly xcluded from the controllable list. I have gone through every possible way. And maybe even possibly auto it turned of for most but notification still hits and if you dont do it right it ups. The vidiosurf ignores any setting and updates. And another - non ID'd update request kept reminding every 6 hrs. Now note i dont have much extra installed due to mistrust. so a bug is highly unlikely esp w hard reset 24hrs ago due to e- mail failures ( through VZ tech & their suggestion. - not fun - even w a minimally loaded phone) - have a good one. & thanx for the attempt at advice. & as a note been with VZ since '91 before they were VZ

Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 22:55:56 -0700

To: peterwolfw@hotmail.com

Subject: - Re: class action

created by demmo86rt in DROID RAZR by Motorola - View the full discussion

Market settings is not the same as opening the market page for each app (the process I described to you before). If they are not part of the market, then you will not get an update, except through a full firmware update. I have to ask, however, how is Motorola requesting access to your contacts on a daily basis? And, any texts you get from Verizon can easily be cancelled by replying X (funny, it says that right in the msg). I think you have been reading too many tech blog hype stories and it's time to take off the tin foil hat

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in DROID RAZR by Motorola by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

0 Likes
MrOpinion
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update re vz mzgthey have changed to VZWPIN#####/############### with no further info and asixe from being recieved schexluled ghe are also a rezponse to any attempt to add delete or exid email accounts. - seamingla an ar itrary pasword (rediculously long) for some undisclosed and unwanted service - but no info as what to do with this. Get a bigger hammer. - and you think. I make thiz up. - right? Damn not-so-zmart gadget

Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 22:55:56 -0700

To: peterwolfw@hotmail.com

Subject: - Re: class action

created by demmo86rt in DROID RAZR by Motorola - View the full discussion

Market settings is not the same as opening the market page for each app (the process I described to you before). If they are not part of the market, then you will not get an update, except through a full firmware update. I have to ask, however, how is Motorola requesting access to your contacts on a daily basis? And, any texts you get from Verizon can easily be cancelled by replying X (funny, it says that right in the msg). I think you have been reading too many tech blog hype stories and it's time to take off the tin foil hat

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in DROID RAZR by Motorola by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

0 Likes