Re: class action
bearone21
Legend

how many of the packaged apps are you using when you tap the button at the lower right side of the home-screen?

music, gallery, latitude, email, books, amazon kindle, city streets ........ad nauseum.

i'd bet that other than google apps, they're paying to have their app offered up to make life easier for folks who purchase these smart phones.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

This posting method simply isn't working, I agree with

droidsw post...

Is anybody else noticing that since you can't quote in the mobile version (and I'm assuming that's what's going on), these posts don't sequentially make sense and seem out of kilter? You kind of have to assume which reply is to which comment, unless the person specifically addresses that person.

In the mobile version, when you reply to a specific post, how about the usual expected notation saying "In Response To".

Off topic, I know.

0 Likes
bebeau25
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why don't you just hide the app's that you don't like or want. Its a pretty simple idea, "out of sight out of mind." This is my first droid, so I don't know if you could do this on any other device, but I was surprised to to the option there. Just like bearone21 said these are advertisements that verizon gets paid for, so I'm surprised that we have the option to hide them.

MrOpinion
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm all with you there and have made the exact argument to both Verizon & Google (after G downloaded 3 new books when - as I can't delete app at least I deleted their pre-installed media)  -- I'm going to chat with my shyster buddies as I agree , I paid for the phone, I paid for the memory space and therefor it is mine to do with as I please and not vor service providers to clutter up -- and btw has anybody checked who pays for the data transfer when they update (or download other unwanted stuff - ie GoogleBooks) ?   --- stay in touch  as you finalize your plans   --

0 Likes
MrOpinion
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, just because they are hidden doesn't mean they don't take up space and they still continue to update and download data they feel they need ---   hiding them is like playing ostrich  - if I stick my head in the sand and don't see the crittter wanting to eat me then I'm safe  - - wrong

0 Likes
MrOpinion
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well as it is 'off topic' you'll notice that this post is immediately after yours and tied by a blue line / offset to your post   --- I'll give you three guesses why  - - -  cause they are showing which post you replied to    --- just FYI stuff -- now back to subject at hand   -- VZ taking up my storage space and my download allowance with unwanted junk

0 Likes
MrOpinion
Enthusiast - Level 2

which means that the vendor is getting paid for a service that I am basically providing - my phone, my data storage, my broadband connection --- when they pay me then I will quit complaining (maybe - then It'll be that I can't go to highest bidder - boy would that change the app world )    Why is everybody justifying this BS instead of being outraged about it  -- I know I am, especially when they constantly update and even worse download extensions through MY broadband that I am paying for

0 Likes
MrOpinion
Enthusiast - Level 2

actually using -- 5   taskmanager , google maps, browser, contacts & accounts  the rest they can keep

(and BTW you have 2 'books', 2 navigate', 3 or 4  ' video services'  wasting space on your 'phone'  - they are not running - but taking up space -- I can deal with the uploader for apps being there, thats 250 bites each  but way too many have program installed at 5 - 150 KB  and that adds up when you only have 8G on there  -- about 1G wasted by bloatware

0 Likes
MrOpinion
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wrong - ARE YOU CLAIMING THAT IF I PAY FULL RETAIL _ I DON'T GET THE BLOATWARE ??   keep dreaming

as the price is not subsidized for the sake of the apps, but for the 'phone service / broadband service I have to subscribe to for two years '   and if you buy it at full retail  (or cancel early and be chrged the difference)  you still get all the junk on a phone you bough outright  - It's like buying a car with a full time passenger .

0 Likes
MrOpinion
Enthusiast - Level 2

SHOW ME   --- BECAUSE IT DOESN'T   as they are also there if I purchased the phone outright without a contract - therefor no agreement to host such apps   .  .  .  .   problem for us is that no two are willing to get together  -- lawsuits like this have never been won by the vendors - they continue doing it - different versions  counting on the consumers inability to unite

0 Likes