can't update apps
cdythms

When I try to use the play store to update apps it just runs and continues to run but never downloads anything.  All other internet functions that I use are working.  I checked to see if my system needed updates and it says it its good. I also reset the phone and that didnt change anything.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: can't update apps
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you trying to update over the cellular data connection or the wifi connection? Have you checked your Play Store settings to verify you haven't restricted updates to a certain type of connection? Or the battery saving settings in the phone itself?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cdythms

I'm updating via cellular I don't have WiFi access at all.  I haven't used WiFi while owning this phone but a few times.  I checked my settings and didn't see any settings that will restrict downloads in the main settings menu or the play store menu

0 Likes
Not applicable

yes the play store has settings that apps will only download over wi-fi .Settings - Auto Update apps. gives 3 choices

Do not auto update apps

Auto Updates apps at any time

Auto Update apps over Wi-Fi only.

0 Likes
cdythms

Its set to update anytime

0 Likes
Not applicable

is this new behavior or something that has been happening for awhile?

0 Likes
cdythms

I noticed it about 1-2 weeks ago when I tried to update my Verizon Mobile app to pay my bill and still haven't been able to update it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your apps downloading, cdythms! Do you receive any type of error message when trying to download the applications? Please try this step: Go to the menu–>settings–>apps–>all–>google play store–> remove cache, then try to run your google play again. Any change in downloading ability?

TanishaS1_VZW

Follow us on  Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes