Re: can't receive text messages! popup error that say "unfortunately messaging has stopped"
elund34
Enthusiast - Level 3

Will a master reset work for sure? Or is this just another guess.  If I have to go through all the work of backing up my pictures, music and everything else and start over with setting the phone up it had better the true fix for this problem!  Has anyone else tried this 'master reset' and had the messaging error stop showing up and get all of the incoming and outgoing texts properly?

0 Likes
Re: can't receive text messages! popup error that say "unfortunately messaging has stopped"
drosefw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Elund34

I am currently experiencing this exact same issue. It just started last Friday. Have worked with both Verizon level 2 and Motorola technical support. I agree with you based on what other users are experiencing, that a factory reset does not correct this problem. I have also been directed to clear Cache, delete all messaging history etc.. No luck. The Motorola tech indicated that wiping the phone was the last step. I am not qoing to do this either as it is not identified as a solution for this problem.

adayoff
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just this morning, 7-1-14, my Maxx has now encountered this issue. I haven't had any other  issues with it besides the decreased battery life since May. Naturally I went to Google and searched for an answer only to find this thread with "get back to us" from Verizon as a response to everyone trying pretty much all the same techniques.

I too have cleared the cache, powered down, etc., etc. and will not be doing a master reset. Obviously there's an issue with Motorola/Google yet no solid response from Verizon who is our customer support connection to their products.

Communication is key and right now there's a serious lack of it on a professional standpoint from all the companies. Please "get back to us" all with any true fix.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

apollo1912,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with messaging. Let's see if we can get that working for you. Reset the Messaging app: http://vz.to/1nfLfYq . Power the device off and back on. Retest and let us know how it's working.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GabeUkkake

I have had the same issue with the date, if I can figure out how to add a pic I will post it. I've been having all the same problems as everyone else have stated and also no resolution. Extremely frustrating!

0 Likes
mike3180

Clearly this "fix" does not work! Maybe someone should fix the problem! If Verizon/Motorola will not fix the problem then I expect you to replace this worthless phone.

0 Likes
apollo1912
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did try this already...it didn't work. That's why I realized there was a problem with the defauly "Messaging" app and downloaded a different one. No problems yet. Clearly, it's an issue with the software/hardware update.

~Sean

0 Likes
GabeUkkake

Screenshot_2014-06-21-21-53-20.png

0 Likes
majick13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just replaced my phone for a few reasons including this and my new one just started having this issue again today.  I've tried everything except the master reset, hopefully they will fix this ASAP.  Dropping texts is not something I can tolerate.

0 Likes
drosefw
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is a workaround for this problem. The fact is, the default messaging app (little green face) is no longer usable because it crashes and you will not reliably receive text messages. Here is the workaround.

1) Download and install the "Verizon Messages" app from the Play Store.

2) Go to settings/apps/all and scroll to Messaging (little green face). Uncheck "Show Notifications" and click on "Disable".

3) Launch the Verizon Messages app and set it as your default for messaging.

It's unfortunate that Motorola/Verizon have not provided a fix for the default messaging app. Since disabling it, and installing the Verizon Messages app, I am now once again able to receive txt messages reliably.