Re: can't receive text messages! popup error that say "unfortunately messaging has stopped"
elund34
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only SMS app I have on my phone is the standard green icon and that is the only app under the default messaging tab in which to choose.  So there must be something else that has either highjacked my messaging or there is a bug in the programming.

0 Likes
Re: can't receive text messages! popup error that say "unfortunately messaging has stopped"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jboca148,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. I want to make sure that we get all of your text messages up and running without any kind of issues. Let's try, Settings, Apps, All, then scroll to Text, and try to Force Stop, Clear Data, and Clear Cache. Are you able ot receive text messages without any kind of issues? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

jboca148
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried everything myself and at the Verizon store.  I have been sent 2 replacement phones and had to send them both back with the same problem.  I had to switch back to my old droid that I had before my upgrade just to be able to communicate properly.  To say I'm not happy would be an understatement.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying that mgr29063. Safe mode will enable the the device to run without third party apps. Please allow a full day to test the device in safe mode and let us know how the device responds.

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
elund34
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there any other great ideas from the Verizon team as to what we are supposed to do with this crappy expensive service and product we have?

0 Likes
elund34
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've seen others having the same problem with the Droid Mini! Perhaps its a software issue that needs to be looked at!

0 Likes
mike3180

i also have done everything that has been listed by verizon. safe mode, clear cache, clear data, tried 3rd party apps, all of it! and still nothing... at this point something needs to be done by verizon or motorola, clearly this is not a small issue with one or two phones, or an app that someone used to mess up something. This is an issue with verizon or motorola software that needs to be fixed. my contract says i can text.. which i cannot do, so you are not upholding your end of the contract i'm paying for!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll get to the bottom of this and get the messaging corrected elund34! Motorola has recommended deleting all the messages from the app in effort to correct the issue. Keep us posted!

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
elund34
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I delete a conversation thread. The contact name goes to the bottom of the conversations list and the date goes to Dec 31, 1969. There are no messages in the thread either, when you open the conversation the thread disappears. Not sure if this helps give a clue to the tech support people or not.

cull165
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a droid Maxx and have the same issue. Sometimes it just pops up while when I'm not using the factory text messaging. Says " unfortunately messaging has stopped working". I tried all the resets and clear cache and took to Verizon. They sent me a replacement phone and it does the same thing. It needs to be corrected cause who can really tell how many texts I have missed and how many have not been sent. I'm not going to use "hangouts" or some other SMS messenger because Verizon or Motorola can't fix or solve a flawed program that they themselves created.