calendar sync
RobertWB50

I have the hotmail app and it worked fine to sync calendar until upgrade to ICS I don't see any way to get the calendar to sync to my hotmail account. Email works fine

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: calendar sync
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Settings / Accounts & Sync  >  what does it show for HOTMAIL ??  Should say "SYNC is ON" .. if not, click on it and change it.

RobertWB50

Cody21,

Thanks for the reply.

That did not help. When I go into calendar settings and accounts to sync my hotmail address is not there to select, only phone calendar and gmail. I don't use my gmail account at all, only Outlook/Hotmail.

Is there a way to add my hotmail account to the list of accounts that sync the calendar.

Everything was working fine with the syncing until I upgraded to ICS.

I'm afraid it may have effected my contact sync but I have not looked into that yet

Hotmail email comes in fine

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I'd delete the Account on the phone and start over ... (e.g., uninstall the App - reinstall, then go into ADD ACCOUNT)  When you add Hotmail, select "OTHER" and set it up from there.  The default email accounts that are in that selection panel are problematic, in my experience.  Does that make sense?

RobertWB50

How stupid !! I should have thought of that right at the beginning

Uninstalled the Hotmail app then reloaded. Hotmail sync is now an option on the calendar

Checked as default then synced. Did not think it was doing anything because there were no appoints showing up, I was disappointed

But then about 15 minuted later I checked again and all the appointments were there

Thank you for the help

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

You're most welcome ... and I think 15 mins is the fastest time allowed for auto-syncing ...  of course you can always immediate Sync by opening the App or using a widget (ala Power Control).

0 Likes
echoniner

I stumbled upon this, and hoping you might help a Verizon brother out. I just go the HTC Incredible 4G LTE, which has no forum of its own at this moment, so I'm replying here in part for that reason. This is an ICS phone.

All I want is to get my Hotmail Calendar to be my default calendar. I installed the Hotmail App, and I get the calendar items into my calendar no problem. But if I add a new event on my phone's calendar, it never propogates to the hotmail.com site itself. This is vital for me. Any ideas?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

There Probably Using the Regular Incredible Site to Accompany { New }  Droid Incredible 4G LTE Customers i would give this Site a Try next Time and Welcome to the Forum.!

On What you was Looking For this Might Help Give it a Try and Good Luck:  b33Smiley Happy

http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-droid-incredible-4g-lte-verizon/faqs?faqtype=gtpmuchi

0 Likes
echoniner

Hi, thanks, but that link is only for Google syncing. i'm trying to do it w/ Hotmail. Thx for looking though!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome Happy Hunting Hope you find what your looking For b33

0 Likes