battery issues anyone???
cmclary0307
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got my droid maxx in july and am already having issues with my battery. I can be at work or at home and leave my phone alone for at least 3 to 4 hours after being unplugged and it'll drain to under %50. I cant even make it til after 5pm without it getting down to 30ish %. Ive tried turning on/of wifi, bluetooth, GPS, voice search, and even turning on airplane mode (when at work). Ive also force stopped apps for the extra measure yet my phone still drains the battery not to mention it gets hot. Any suggestions???

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: battery issues anyone???
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

The cause of this is one of these three things:

1) Battery is worn out from too much usage or improper charging like with a tablet charger instead of the one that came with your phone. Most people do not realize they have different specs in charging.

2) You got a hold of a bad phone or battery and it is just faulty. This is something that is usually never the case.

3) Some new app on your phone is draining your battery causing this. This is usually the case. I have seen many apps if not set up right will be a battery killer no matter the size of your battery. Or could be an app clashing with another one causing the battery to drain.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cmclary0307, Let's get your phone charged up! Have you installed any new apps on your phone, recently? Battery Saver, Anti-Virus, and Task Manager apps do tend to cause this type of speedy drainage. Are you using any new chargers or the one that came with your Droid Maxx phone? Please share so we can help get to the bottom of this.

TanishaS1_VZW

Follow us on  Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

The cause of this is one of these three things:

1) Battery is worn out from too much usage or improper charging like with a tablet charger instead of the one that came with your phone. Most people do not realize they have different specs in charging.

2) You got a hold of a bad phone or battery and it is just faulty. This is something that is usually never the case.

3) Some new app on your phone is draining your battery causing this. This is usually the case. I have seen many apps if not set up right will be a battery killer no matter the size of your battery. Or could be an app clashing with another one causing the battery to drain.

0 Likes
merb2

I had a similar problem to you.  My phone battery was fine then one day it just started draining it after about 4 hours.  I found that under the location settings it kept putting them to 'high accuracy' which drained my batter a ton.

If you go into your battery settings you can see where most of the battery is going, mine said 'Google Play' and something else.

I turned my locational settings to battery saver and it fixed the problem for the day.

I think my phone was messed up because it would constantly change back to high accuracy (a bug I believe)

I reset my phone and have not had an issue since and my battery lasts a very long time (about two days between charges if I am not on it too much).

Hope this helps!

0 Likes