backup assistant
jagnyc03

how can I get all of my contacts backed up onto backup assistant and cloud? Right now they are not backed up

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: backup assistant
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon's Backup Assistant Plus, from my and many others experience, is deeply flawed and should be avoided. Best to uncheck (turn off) Backup Assistant in your device system settings and to backup your data to a Google account llike Gmail or Drive. You also have the option of using either automatic or manual data sync in your system settings. .

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Do it the reliable way. Change your contacts to Google contacts and back them up to Google. It is automatic, accurate, seamless and very lite on resources. BUA is a resource hog, does NOT back up your contacts accurately, mixes up contact info within the contact or  many contacts and most of the time will not reload the contacts to your phone (just look at all of the other problems people are having here).

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get those contacts backed up pronto jagnyc03! Just access backup assistance plus http://vz.to/1fnF9eB and enable it.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I would completely skip the BUA all together. In the time it has been out, I have NEVER had it work correctly on any of my phones.  I even had 1 phone where the 800 number told me the phone was defective because they could not get BUA to work and after 9 replacements I just decided it was not the phone that was the issue but BUA itself.  It has NEVER backed up all of the addresses or backed them up correctly.

I would stick with Google's which is fast, accurate, free, immediate and simple.  You can go into Gmail as well and back the contacts up into a CSV file or back them up to Outlook or another contact management program if needed, you can make a csv file on your phone as well with it and if anything happens, import the csv file immediately.  It also uses a miniscule of data where BUA uses quite a bot more especially when it doesn't want to sync correctly and runs for 72 hours straight slowing down your phone and everything on it.

If BUA was a respectable app, it would give you the option of disabling it, and it doesn't.  You cannot turn it off, you cannot take it off or anything else and once you start using it, it is almost impossible to stop using it.

0 Likes
jnnklg

When I try to access backup assistant on Motorola Barrage, I get an error code 216--network can't be accessed. I'm trying to backup contacts from old phone to new--can't get to either phone's backup assistant. Tried resetting and this is where I'm at. Please help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jnnklg,

I am so sorry you are having issues backing up your contacts. Do you receive this error before or after entering in your backup assistant pin? Do you receive any other errors such as invalid pin? Please try and reset the backup assistant application http://vz.to/1p5yD58

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jnnklg

I did get invalid PIN error at one point, but then couldn't get to the PIN prompt after that. I called tech support and the problem is now resolved. There was nothing I could do from my end--needed support to fix it from your end. Thanks anyway!

0 Likes