apple music won't play
eaberry_dc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi.  I have a driod maxx running android 4.4.4.  Very recently the apple music app, for which I pay a montly subscription, appear to only want to play music I have actually purchased and it won't play any other songs that I have added to my library or any radio stations.

I feel like I have done all of the obvious things: cleared cashes, run phone cleaners, restarted the app, restarted the phone, been on wifi, been on data, clased background propgrams, uninstalled/reinstalled the app.

When i hit play, i see the app begin to try to play the phone (as in the little downloading/prepration circle is spinning) and then it stops.

Apple music has always felt uncomfortable on the phone (i.e. it often freezes), but this is the first time it has refused to play music.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: apple music won't play
deloused
Master - Level 3

That should definitely be working with 4.4.4 per the Android system requirements. You should reach out to Apple for assistance with resolving those app issues 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eaberry_dc, I listen to a lot of music myself. I jump between stuff I've downloaded and what's on my music cloud. I wouldn't want to have my choices limited either, so I'll be happy to help take a look at this with you.

First, you've done some great troubleshooting steps already. One of the big things you want to check is to make sure both your phone and Apple Music app are up to date with their software. Those software updates ensure that the phone/app can work with different programs and services. To check for an update to the Apple Music app, you can use these steps for Android: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/113412?hl=en

Once you're sure the app has been updated, then it's time to check your phone's software. You can check for a software update using these steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-84877/

If you find there's a new update, please install it, so we get your phone running on the latest Android software. Let me know what you find.

JohnT_VZW

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

eaberry_dc
Enthusiast - Level 1

the apple music app and system apps are both up to date.

when I try to open the apple music app, I get a screen that says "**FUSE.CarrierBundle.Loading**" .  The "please wait" wheels just spins and nothing happens.  I have kept it on this page for at least an hour and no progress appears to have been made.

I am not a tech person, which my following observation will make obvious, but I am wondering if this FUSE bundle is a past-installation data packet that is simply too large to be processed by my phone.

I am waiting on a call from an Apple engineer (after having gone through support chat, telephone help and a senior customer service person).

I see from the google play store that others seem to be having lots of problems on the android platform.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I commend you for hanging in there while we and Apple look into the error. From my findings the error message indicates some discrepancy between Apple and our carrier billing. The website below contains steps to link your Apple ID and mobile number:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206984#linkplan

On step two there’s the option "Want to use a different Apple ID?" What happens when selecting this and re-entering the same Apple ID and password?

What did Apple say?  

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes