Re: android 4.0 for the razr when is it coming
florida123
Enthusiast - Level 3

There have been so many release dates in different forums, I wouldn't get too excited about it. I went through three galaxy nexus in two weeks with ICS. The problems ranged from losing connectivity for most of the day, sluggish performance, delayed screen tilting ( that was done on purpose from what I heard) battery was atrocheous, camera was pittiful. And yes, the phone had great qualities if ICS worked properly on it. Phone had many nice shortcuts, and I enjoyed for the little time it worked in my hands.

Would the maxx work just as good as it does now if it has ICS? Maybe, maybe not. After my nightmare experience with the nexus, I would be afraid to download the software. The nexus was a lemon and it was thrown in the market without rigorous testing. Those who rooted the phone , ICS worked fine.

I would not want to corrupt my maxx with any version of ICS , since the phone is working flawlessly. At any rate, that's my two cents.

Enjoy your memorial day BBQ's  and have a great weekend.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

exactly

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I like them little animated doods

0 Likes
Not applicable

I just hope it doesn't come out before it's ready.  I would rather keep what I have than ICS full of bugs.

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

I could care less about ICS, if it is anything like when Froyo came to the Fascinate or Gingerbread to the Revolution, well they screwed up the phones. I heard with ICS that we will have smaller screen as the lower menu keys will be on screen with ICS and I dont want them blocking view of pics

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I think this is one O.P.S that Motorola is going to Roll threw many things to Make it is Fully adjustable to our Razr's but until it hit's the Soak Testers phones it's just speculation of what it Can do. But a Jim noted i would rather have what i got an Know it's working than have something that going to make my phone a D--n Dud...b33 

0 Likes
eddiea
Enthusiast - Level 2

@florida123, I almost bought the Nexus but chose the Razr Maxx instead because of their hardware build quality and the battery...and I'm glad I did.  You probably know that your nightmare experience with the Nexus was mostly due to their less-than-stellar LTE radio (which is much different than Motorola's significantly-better LTE radio).  Yes, rooting solves most if not all of the Nexus' issues (even though the consumer shouldn't have to do that and is not an option for the average Joe/Jane).  Motorola's UI (fka "Blur") is becoming less and less intrusive to the stock Android experience, and the latest sneak-peak of their integration w/ICS indicates they continue to move in that direction...a blessing for us as consumers and the probability of better compatibility with future OS upgrades.  Google's acquisition of Motorola Mobility was finalized this week, and from a business standpoint they have tons riding on a smooth transition to ICS.  Sure there may be some glitches initially (as is expected with a major software upgrade such as this), but I doubt it will be anywhere near the nightmare that Samsung has experienced with their Nexus device.  [Fingers crossed].

0 Likes
B33
Legend

+1 there. I'll stick with my Moto's 

0 Likes