YouTube video playback quality on WiFi
c_brookhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lately, I've been experiencing significant distortion in the playback of YouTube videos while using WiFi. The source of the WiFi signal is in my home, and the signal is strong. The video becomes all distorted shortly after playback. I either have to stop the video, exit out of YouTube, go back in and find the video I wanted to watch -OR- I have to just turn off WiFi and use my data connection. This issue only recently started happening, and I recently noticed an update was available for YouTube, so I applied it. There was no differnce in video playback before or after applying the update.

Labels (2)
Re: YouTube video playback quality on WiFi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

c_brookhart, I know that would concern me just the same! Let's make sure that we figure this our for you. Now, being a wireless connection other than our cellular connection we would have limited resources to troubleshoot or test your home wifi. To ensure that there are no issues with your wireless connection we can turn wifi off and then test the application. In the meantime we can try to clear the application data. Take a look here to see how http://vz.to/1qUVYGd.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
c_brookhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still continuing to have video quality issues on and off of WiFi. What's odd about this is that sometimes the video starts out with significant pixelation and then all the sudden clears up.

In addition to this video quality issue, I also get blank pages in Chrome. The only workaround is to lock the screen and then unlock it to get the page content to display.

I addressed the Chrome issue with social media support and they had no solution other than use another browser (which I am doing, but it would be nice to resolve the issue with Chrome). I sent two messages to social media support regarding the video issue and am still waiting for a reply.

Unlike the Chrome issue, there doesn't seem to be a resolution to address the video quality problem.

0 Likes
c_brookhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm still looking for support on this issue.

Haven't received anything back from the Verizon support team on Twitter.

0 Likes
c_brookhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

At this point, I have sent TWO follow-up messages to the support team on Twitter and have received no reply other than the initial response to my first message.

I posted a public follow-up message to Verizon Support on Twitter and today (Oct. 2), I sent a Direct Message. It's been at least 2-3 days since I posted my original issue and support still hasn't responded. I guess the next step is to go to a Verizon store - maybe I can get assistance there.

0 Likes
Jonathan22
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think I'm having the same problem. A recent YouTube or Chrome update has made it so I have extreme video corruption when I try to watch YouTube videos over the past couple of weeks on my DROID MAXX running 4.4.4.

0 Likes