Wifi hotspot not working
rneal

Got my new Droid Turbo yesterday. It's pretty awesome, but having one problem so far.

When I try to activate the wifi hotspot it says it can't complete my order and gives me a phone number to call to subscribe. My plan has wifi hotspot included, so I called Verizon. They checked everything on their end and my end, level 1 and level 2, and said it should be working. They opened a ticket with Motorola.

Motorola support forum says they are aware of the problem and are working on it. As I recall, the Razr MAXX had similar problems and it took more than a month for them to fix it.

Anyway, if you need mobile wifi hotspot you might want to make sure this is fixed before you get a Turbo.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi hotspot not working
cml21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in the same boat.  Everything else seems fine, but no hotspot.  I hope it's just software.  I spent hours last night getting everything setup - I hope I don't have to swap devices.

0 Likes
Dave83

Same issue for me as well. Local store confirmed everything was correct on the account, spent several hours with phone support and they came to the same conclusion.

The feature just wasn't working; they weren't sure if it was device specific or a bug related to the new phone.

The local store wouldn't allow me to try another Turbo without losing the ability to return it, if the hotspot still didn't work so I was forced to fall back to my old phone and return the Turbo.

Would have been nice if the local store would have waved the restocking fees associated with it, they claimed they aren't able to. Which is weird considering it clearly a Verizon product issue. The phone support folks were able to give a credit in the amount of the restocking fees at least. Still... a pain to have to jump through all those hoops.

Don't know about others but I'm one of the unlimited data plans, don't know if that played an issue or not. I'd be curious if people having the issue had unlimited data or a tiered data plan.

0 Likes
rneal

I have the tiered data plan, doesn't work on that either.

0 Likes
Dave83

Just did some searching on the Motorola Forums and it sounds like they know about the problem now and are working it.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.motorola.com%2Fposts%2F2a88b630e3&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=...

If a lot of folks are having an issue I'm hoping it won't take them too long to fix, whether its a Verizon/Motorola issue.

0 Likes
rneal

UPDATE: My wifi hotspot is working now. Nothing updated on my phone. Must have been on the back end somewhere. Thanks to whoever fixed this so promptly!

0 Likes
Michael_Villalpando

So after 6 hours with tier 2 last night, 1 hour with Motorola, and 4 Hours in store this morning I am disappointed to say I had to return the one droid I have waited for for what seems to be forever. Droid Turbo is in fact an amazing phone. The mobile hot spot didn't work for me either. I am unlimited and paid cash for the Turbo. I have had hot spot feature enabled on my account since before the altel buyout so its there on my account. It still would not turn on even after two hard resets and changes to the prl. so I did a full return and went back to my Droid DNA which is now a htc one due to the lack of support until my G3 is fixed Monday.

Here is what all we tried. We put my sim in a demo phone and it did the same thing. We made a new sim and put it in an employee's droid turbo and it did the same thing. So we tried two sims and three Turbos and all of them had the same issue where the mobile hot spot would not turn on.

Another huge problem for me is that it has a 3G antenna and a 4G antenna but it cannot do voice and data at the same time. Major flaw considering my business cannot operate on the Motorola Droid Turbo with that configuration.

So today is a sad day for me since I have had every Droid on Verizon to date and now I have no where to turn.

I would like to be notified if this device will be fixed so that i can purchase it in the future Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Rumor has it I was told by a rep that unlimited/Legacy plan holders will not have access to hot spot and some features in the future because of changes in the systems and phones moving forward. Please clear this up for me.

0 Likes
Re: Re: Wifi hotspot not working
B33
Legend

Well something new as this phone,  people see it and want it right away but with some changes that were made to phone in light of voLTE which the phone works just not as were use too, which makes it kind of hard to understand it.. But it's hard to tell a customer hey wait on a Update  when ya want the phone to work now.. 

That is why even though I really like this phone and want one as well  I'm going to wait a few months maybe even past the First of the year to let things settle with the phone.. For ones that purchased the phone early might ought to do that as well take it back if ya feel it's not doing as you thought it should and re-look at it 6 months down the road by then it may have lollipop 5.0 on board and it may have enough updates were the issues were seeing now may be a thing of the past.. 

All we can do is hope.. Talk about it   see what changes come in coming months and go from there..

0 Likes
cml21
Enthusiast - Level 2

After a few hours with a rep, including a factory reset to wipe the previous night's hours of setup, the support person sent me to a store for an exchange.  The guy at the store said it wasn't the phone, and was convinced it was something wrong with my account.  Pulled my SIM and put it into all of the display units on the floor, all failed.  Then gave me a new SIM, and performed the same trick again.

Of course, they took my old phone yesterday, so I can't fall back.  You owe me a day of my life back please, VZW.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Check this out  This is an Ouchie.. for the new Droid Turbo.!  and there is a known issue with the Hotspot so if you can't get your old phone back you may have to see if the store can give you another style of phone or stay with the Turbo

There suppose to be an update coming,  but one's that mention it are not exactly sure when it will show up..

Hopefully Real Soon..

0 Likes