Wi-Fi Shows Connected but Not Connecting
HanleyL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a wi-fi connection at work that is a bear to set up but was working fine until a few days ago. I have created an installed a new certificate. The phone says it's installed and happy. When I set up the connection it says it is successful. The phone wireless display shows that wireless is enabled and working (it's got 3-4 blue bars in the wi-fi display at the top of the phone), but it doesn't receive. When I open the browser and try to go somewhere, it says the page is not available. If I turn wi-fi off, everything works. I have rebooted the phone and clicked it in and out of airplane mode several times and checked the network settings. Everything is the way it is supposed to be. Is anyone else having this problem?

The phone got the most recent update (6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.us) last week.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Wi-Fi Shows Connected but Not Connecting
bearone21
Legend

"certificate" for what? wi-fi is hard to setup or setup on the phone? correct key entered?

fwiw:

my phone works with wep but not wpa or any other encryption config.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It could be Restrictions that your Work has Setup to stop Users from using the Wi-Fi !  But if this is not supposed to be the Case i would contact some one were you work an ask them about setting up a Device with the Company Router.. An by the Way do you have a Router at Home an is the Phone Working Ok there..b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
HanleyL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am following the instructions at the office, which tell us to use a proxy with our domain creds. If that doesn't work alone, we are instructed to export a certificate from our certificate store. Followed those directions, exported the cert and put it on the root of the SD card as instructed. On the phone, I then go in to Locations and Security and install the certificate. It asks for the passwords of the certificate and the phone's certificate store. When I installed it, it said it was successful. Then I go to the Wireless Network settings and do the login with the proxy information.

The phone looks for the world like it is on WiFi. When it isn't the bars for WiFi are usually grey. I've had some intermittent issues at home, but essentially it works. I've just never seen it where the signal is blue but still have no connectivity.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

does the razr auto sense wi-fi or do you have to select it?

0 Likes
HanleyL
Enthusiast - Level 2

It auto senses the wi-fi. I can go direct to Manage Networks and get it, too.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well the Blue is indicating it is Syncing with the Google Servers Like with mine Right Now it's Blue an i'm streaming WinAmp Now as for the signal bars for Calling there white an i have only Two of them. While on my Droid X she showing both indicators in the Blue..b33

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

thanks

0 Likes
Wi-Fi Shows Connected but Not Connecting
HanleyL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ended up getting it working  by deleting the certificate store and installing a new certificate along with the proxy information. What a PITA.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sounds like you got it To Work!  Good b33