Why won't my droid turbo connect to my fios router?
NOVA20176
Enthusiast - Level 1

My new Turbo will not connect to the Verizon FIOS supplied router.  The router and droid turbo are stock, with updates available applied.

The droid prompts for the password (yes, I have checked this...), then in rapid succession indicates "connecting" and then just drops down in the queue of available wireless networks, unconnected.  While on the list it indicates "saved, secured with WPA/WPA2"

I have rebooted the router, rebooted the phone, and tried assigning a static IP address.  Other devices connect to the router without trouble.  The droid connects to a wireless AP in another area of the home (CISCO router) without trouble.

Is anyone else having similar problems? 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: droid turbo will not connect to fios router
NOVA20176
Enthusiast - Level 1

Issue resolved.  Dug through router settngs and found MAC filtering was on...dont remember setting that up, but that would seem to the be logical explanation.  Added the Turbo MAC to the access list and the phone then connected as it should.  Chalk this one up to owner error.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
J_Porter

Does your home have a metal roof? Mine does. Reception drops from 4 to 2 bars when I go inside.

0 Likes
NOVA20176
Enthusiast - Level 1

Issue resolved.  Dug through router settngs and found MAC filtering was on...dont remember setting that up, but that would seem to the be logical explanation.  Added the Turbo MAC to the access list and the phone then connected as it should.  Chalk this one up to owner error.

0 Likes