Why won't my Droid Razr Maxx connect to the internet?
ProgMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the Droid Razr Maxx for several years.  Recently (especially since the last update), my Droid Razr Maxx's internet connection is extremely poor and mostly non-functional.  In fact, I normally shut off the WiFi since it rarely works.  It does not function in my home or any other place.  My router is fine and many other devices connect normally to my router (it is not the router).  This seems to be a Droid Razr Maxx problem.  I've removed all connections from the device, but nothing seems to work.  I included the phone information below.  Is there any viable solution to this problem?  I'd appreciate any help.

Android version:  4.1.2

System version: 98.72.165.XT912.Verizon.en.US

Baseband version: CDMA_N_05.21.00RLTEDC_U_09.1D.00

Webtop version: wt-3.0.0

Kernal version:  2.0.8-g3617609   hudsoncm@ilclbld32 #1  SMP PREEMPT Thu Nov 21 14:19:19 CST 2013

Build number: 9.8.20-72_VZW-16-5

Build date:  Thus Nov 21 14:10:17 CST 2013

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Razr Maxx Internet Connection Problem
ProgMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I think I may have figured out the problem.  The guest network on my router was apparently interfering with my regular network and not allowing my Droid Razr Maxx to connect.  Once I shut the guest network off, I've been connected to the Internet for 8 straight hours today.  No drops, just a clean connecting all day long and streaming music all day long!

So, for me, the solution to this issue was turning off the guest network on my router.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

What I did on my Connection I went into the Wi-Fi setting in Settings and long pressed my Wi-Fi network then I Tapped forget then hit the Home button then Power cycled the phone after the phone re-power I went into Wi-Fi re-interred the network and mine is doing ok  you may want to Run a system cache clear on your phone as well..

0 Likes
ProgMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, B33.  I did the long press and forgot all networks, power cycled, and also wiped the cache completely.  I still cannot connect.  The WiFi icon is blue, but there is no connection (sometimes there is a brief connection, but then it is lost).

Are there any other suggestions out there?

B33
Legend

Well I have a Net Gear N600 and it Hooked ok I even Factory Re-setted my old Droid X and got it going you may have to end up doing a Factory Reset on your Maxx if you haven't already.. Have you Updated your Router recently you may have to do that..

0 Likes
ProgMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I think I may have figured out the problem.  The guest network on my router was apparently interfering with my regular network and not allowing my Droid Razr Maxx to connect.  Once I shut the guest network off, I've been connected to the Internet for 8 straight hours today.  No drops, just a clean connecting all day long and streaming music all day long!

So, for me, the solution to this issue was turning off the guest network on my router.

0 Likes