Why will my WiFi not connect or even see a network it had worked with in the past?
ltngalileo
Enthusiast - Level 1

My WiFi just started to not work on my home network even though in the past I have used it for years.  Additionally, it doesn't even find it when I go to search or scan for the network, even when I'm sitting right next to the wireless modem. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why will my WiFi not connect or even see a network it had worked with in the past?
ltngalileo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I even tried starting in Safe Mode and it still does not want to find or connect to the home WiFi.

0 Likes
Re: Why will my WiFi not connect or even see a network it had worked with in the past?
ltngalileo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Additionally, a factory reset did not solve the problem either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Itngalileo, a missing WiFi network would have me just as concerned too. Let's help look over what is causing this issue.  Prior to this happening , do you recall any app or OS updates prior to your phone not picking up your home WiFi signal?

Is this the same experience everywhere you go? Does your phone pick up WiFi at other locations?
NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ltngalileo
Enthusiast - Level 1

No significant app or OS updates.  Also it was the same everywhere I went.  I could see WiFi, but no constant connection could ever be made if it even did bother to connect.  I have since upgraded my phone (it was time anyway) but didn't know if other long-time users of the MAXX were experiencing these  issues.

0 Likes
reijgers
Enthusiast - Level 2

Very similar behavior here I can only connect to wifi if either bluetooth  or moble data is switched off. I also tried resetting to factory and wiped the system cache. This problem occurs on all wifi networks. I've gotten some minor success with safe mode in that it stayed connected for a short while before getting kicked off.

I do recall updating the phone fairly recently, like last month, for a minor system up date, however the problem only surfaced this weekend.

It would be nice to get this resolved because I own this phone and it's out of warranty.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reijgers, staying on wifi is so important to me too, let’s see what we can do to help.  What changed when this started happening? Have you downloaded anything new lately? Do you have a flashlight app on your device, if so could you please remove it and test again after a restart of your phone? Let’s start here and get you back to the WiFi connection you should have. We are here, let us know what happens.
CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ltngalileo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Removing the flashlight app did not work for me, when I tried it.  Hopefully it works for @reijgers

0 Likes
reijgers
Enthusiast - Level 2

I removed my flash light app along with some more recent installed apps. No effect, I still have to shut off Bluetooth in order to connect to WiFi. If you look at this forum I am hardly alone having this problem, it appears to be a recent systematic problem with this phone.

0 Likes
ltngalileo
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's kind of what drove me to just get the new phone.

0 Likes